Chapter Two

Chapter Two (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here--

"The worst feeling in life is not being lonely. It's being forgotten by someone you could never forget." -- Anonymous

Xander's POV

**Cartagena, Colombia**

I pulled up my rented Maserati outside the lobby of Sofitel Legend Santa Clara Cartagena Hotel. The valet greeted me and took the car keys.

I almost bumped at a group of women when I entered the hotel. They were all wearing pastel floral dresses with flower crowns on their heads. They looked like bridesmaids in a garden wedding.

The girls eyed me up and down, then giggled.

I continued on my way inside the hotel. The ambiance was very nice, striking a balance of French art and beauty. The architectural designs were a blending of vintage and contemporary.

I went directly to the reception area and checked-in in their presidential suite.

"Is Lily Rojas already checked in yesterday?" I asked the receptionist.

"You know her sir?"

Damn it. She just wouldn't say Yes or No.

"Of course. I know her very well. Actually... I'm meeting her here." I gave her my best smile.

"Ahhhh... I see." Her mouth opened in surprise. "Yeah, she's here since yesterday."

Good. Mr. Hayes did his job well in knowing Mia's itinerary.

I heard a commotion. The rising shrills of women's voices and giggles. I turned to where the voices were.

"Sorry about the noise sir. A famous celebrity just checked in today causing excitement to some of our female guests. But normally, it's very quiet here."

"Is that the telenovela actor?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Dylan Cooper. You know him sir?" The receptionist's face lifted up with excitement.

"Not personally." My mouth thinning with displeasure. So, he is here with Mia.

***

I took a shower and planned on how to confront Mia.

Mia. The only woman who captured my heart. It had been a year, but still I couldn't get her out of my system. She left her mark on me - so deeply... in every cell of my body... in every drop of my blood.

I missed her... I missed her so badly.

I closed my eyes and looked down. My body turned hard just thinking of her. I turned the shower lever to the full blue direction and shivered.

I have known Mia since she was still in Senior High. She was my sister's best friend. During dinner, Stella told us about her activities in the day. Her new friend Mia, who was a fifteen year old transferee from New Zealand. Very smart with an attractive English accent. The girly things they did, their sleepovers, their celebrity and school crushes, the parties they went and other things. Well, I was not interested to hear anything about Mia at that time. For me, she was just Stella's classmate and a friend.

Several times, I met Mia in the house. She was so thin and pale. She even looked like a kid in her school uniform. We never talked or see eye to eye. She always avoided looking at me. I was never bothered. I didn't have time talking to young girls... she was fifteen and I was twenty at that time.