Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here--

"Every girl deserves a guy who looks at her every day like it's the first time he saw her." - LikeLoveQuotes.com

Mia's POV

"Come home. For God's sake. What the hell are you doing back in that man's house? I thought you're over him." My brother, Tristan was upset. He arrived in California this morning and was disappointed that he didn't find me in our family home in San Bernardino. 

"I'll go home. Just give me time." I almost pleaded.

"Time? You went all the way to Colombia to fix your life and now you're running back at him again. Use your common sense, Mia."

Tristan had a reason to get upset. I was a mess actually. I asked him for help to hide in Colombia, away from Xander so I could forget him easily and move on with my life. He was even more upset when I changed my personality and appearance. He said I went overboard in changing my whole identity. We even argued when I took the job as a bikini model.

"I just want to find out if he've changed."

"He won't change. He still hangs out with the same friends. Throwing wild illegal parties. Taking too much alcohol. Hooking up with Russian whores and starlets. Just like his brothers."

I didn't want to argue with Tristan. I wouldn't win anyway.

"I know, Tristan. I'm not forgetting that."

"And what's that about the Amnesia thing?  Carmen told me. I understand about your fictitious name  as Lily Rojas for your modelling career and yes, for Valiente not to find you, but pretending to lose your mind is too much!"

"I'm sorry. I'm doing this for a reason... and please don't ask me what it is... just support me into this. That's all I could ever ask you right now."

I could hear Tristan exhaled heavily over the phone. "Okay, fine. I won't ask. You're a big girl now, Mia. Whatever it is that you're planning... just make sure that you're doing it for your own good."

"Yeah. Don't worry."

"I don't want you to get hurt again."

"I know big brother."

"So when are you coming home?" He asked again. 

"I'll be home in two weeks time."

"Okay. Take care of yourself." He said before he hung up.

Xander's POV

"You don't need a job. I can provide you with anything you want." I was so upset. I was running out of patience already. I couldn't pretend to be calm anymore. Mia signed a contract with a bikini modeling agency without even consulting me. 

"I'm here with you because you want to help me recover for three weeks. And now, you're acting like a desperate husband." 

"You made me, for heaven's sake. You're not going anywhere until you're fully recovered and YOU will not work, Mia. Just name what you want and I'll give it to you. If money concerns you, we'll go to the bank tomorrow so we can apply an extension of my debit card for you."

"I don't need your money. I can earn it. You can't dictate me what I want to do with my life because there's nothing between us, you're my ex. In two weeks time, I'm going home to my family in San Bernardino. Then next month, I'm going to marry the love of my life, Dylan."