My Hero

Jared's POV

Sure, can't wait! See you tonight xx

I turned my phone off and headed upstairs. I had a date tonight, a real hot one. Valery and I had met at one of her shows. Running my hand through my hair, I grabbed whatever clothes I saw in front of me. I never try hard on the first date, only after it.    ( ;) )

After slicking back my hair, I headed to the car. To the Providence.

Your POV

You tied your apron and slipped your notepad into the pocket. You were in the back room of the Providence, a fancier restaurant in East LA. You were the newest waitress. It was the ideal place to earn pocket money for university.

You left the room through the kitchen door. You scurried through the kitchen, not wanting to bother any cooks. A smile was now plastered on your face, because you were officially in the restaurant. So many posh looking people were seating themselves, entering the restaurant, and complaining to your poor co-workers. 

One man in particular caught your attention. He wasn't wearing fancy clothes. He wasn't paying attention to "good posture". And he was chatting with another waiter. You already liked him.

You had a plan. You headed to the waiter he'd been talking to moments before.

"I got dibbs on his table." He groaned. 

"Damn it! Fine, but I get next pick," the waiter said.

You winked at him, being flirty to lighten the mood. You remembered that your man was definitely here with someone, so you had to resist any flirtatious actions. 

Considering the man had been seated for a minute or two, you headed to his table before his date arrived.

 "Hello, how are you? I'm Y/N, and I'll be your server tonight." The man faced you and smiled. 

"Fine, yourself?" You simply nodded, not wanting to engage in conversation. 

"Are you expecting someone, or would you like me to take your order?"

"She's late, but I'll go ahead and order her drink." 

Jared's POV

Valery was late. It was my job to be casually late on the first date. It's not that I cared, but it was rather embarrassing sitting alone for ten minutes. People might think I was stood up. When she does show, they'll be jealous. 

Finally.

Just as I was about to leave, there she was. Valery practically skipped to the table. She was wearing a short black dress, too formal. I wouldn't judge her just yet, we'll see how this goes.

"Jared! Sorry I'm late, traffic was awful!" Valery chirped in her thick Russian accent. I waved it off, and hoped she would become less jumpy during dinner.