Round 2.5 Results

The wait is over! 

In a few minutes (readings), the results will be revealed. Keep calm and let's talk about the past first. 

Round 2 had been a challenging phase for the contestants. A lot had been at stake since only seven were to be hailed after (but, of course, we all know the twist now). From a very limited way of writing to a grand theme, a sophisticated picture and let's not forgot the literary devices which we both all know were pain in the ass, and yet the contestants continued to write. With all the talent and a whole lotta demand of the almighty deadline, twenty-four had been able to create their pieces. Of course as promised, seven had qualified through Round 2. 

Let's recall their names.

And now, the revelation. 

The twist has been made from the very beginning of the making of Round 2. And it was very demanding, right? Not much has been altered in Round 2.5. Well, aside from creating another not-so-different-but-still-different-story based on what was first written by the contestants. All of you tried to connect all the dots. Some changed their mediums, some made some twists, some created another whole lot story. From it, another four will join the seven. The judgement has been made. 

Here are the four writers who outranked each contestants on their team. 

We congratulate the ELEVEN who made it to next round! The odds have been really in your favor

Here's the details of the ranking:

A little comment from the judge of the Blutbaden team. She wasn't able to comment it.

"It is a little difficult to judge these entries as they all have complied to the requirements and they are all similar in terms of content (I was expecting somebody to go out of the box but I guess the mechanics given was restraining, however, I think a little creativity could've added). Anyway, instead I just focused on the totality of the story in which not all entries had. Even if the competitors are tasked to write a 10-sentence story (the other 5 from previous round), I still am looking for a complete story where I can see a beginning, a middle, and an end. Case #3 and #4 gave in too much of details in terms of thoughts. Maybe it's because it was hard to connect the sentences? But for me there are something lacking with those two cases. It felt like I was merely reading a snippet from a short story, which of course didn't leave any impact to me at all. As for Case #2, the idea is actually good. I like how witty the writer was, but then again, I still felt there was something lacking. Perhaps it didn't have time for a conflict to arise and for a resolution to emerge. There was a story in there, but it left me hanging. It didn't feel like I was reading a complete story. Among all of the four entries, it was Case #1 which really had totality. It amazed me how the sentences were flowing in a smooth transition, as if the writer did not have 5 of the sentences written previously. I also admire the prose. So, among the 4, it is Case #1 the shined the brightest for me ."

Again, congratulations to the ELEVEN! Wait for the Round 3 where stranger things happen... (Hahaha. Chos.)

-THE KAMBAL