09 - How many Bottles of What on the Where?

LOVE! Rohirrim Style

Chapter 09

How many bottles of what on the where?

Imrahil looked up from the contracts he was trying to complete before lunch to see his clerk come in yet again. Without taking his face from his left fist, he held out his right hand and waited for the man to leave. He looked at the seal, recognizing it to be one of the clothiers his daughter was using. With a sigh, he sat up and lifted the large and ever growing pile on his desk and shoved it to the bottom.

*** 

It was vaguely reminiscent of when Théoden called the Muster of Rohan up for the war. 

Perhaps not. There were not so many; the other Marshal’s and their captains and high-ranking éoreds and it was a much happier occasion. Banners were flying, the hearty smells of cooking meat and stews and fresh caffe. 

“…noswillthistime…”

“Sire?” Gamling could hear Éomer muttering. 

“I said Éowyn is not here, so there should be no swill this time.”

“Ah.”

Éomer nodded to the supply wagons and hustle at the base of the mountain. “The tone is much different than the last time we were here.”

Gamling nodded.

“Of course, you have happy memories of this place. Your daughter was conceived here.”

Gamling smiled, obviously lost in pleasant reminiscence.

“Perhaps the magic of the mountain will come again for the two of you and this time Aefre will conceive a horse-lordlet. Of course, another shield maiden would be welcome.”

Gamling nodded, staring at the dark recess to the entrance of the Dwimorberg. 

The next thing he knew, Éomer’s fingers were snapping in front of his face. “Gamling!”

“Sire?” 

“A copper for your thoughts?”

Gamling shrugged. “I am looking forward to some quality time-”

*Uninterrupted swingfromtherafters monkeysex!*

“-with Aefre.”

Éomer smiled. “Missing your little one?”

“Aye.”

“You said she was fine when you left her with your mother.”

“Aye.” This time Aefre answered. “However she is used to our comings and goings, but we are always back within a few hours at most.” She smiled. “I hope she slept well last night.”

Gamling reached out and grasped her hand. “She is fine. My mother and my family will spoil her rotten.” They continued riding that way, slowly making their way towards Dunharrow.

They went up the winding path, nodding to those they knew. As they neared the top, they heard shouting, bellowing-

“Ah, Beornia is here.”

“GET BACK HERE, YOU LAZY GOOD FOR NOTHING LOUT! I TOLD YOU TO PACK THIS SADDLEBAG PROPERLY AND YOU HAVE SLUNG THINGS IN AS HAPHAZARDLY AS IF YOU WERE A DUNLINDING! GET YOUR MISERABLE ARSE OVER HERE OR I SHALL PACK YOU IN IT AS WELL! BÉMA’S BALLS! YOU ARE AS WORTHLESS AS WORMTONGUE’S WORMPRICK!!”

Both men grimaced. Aefre cringed. “That is not Beornia!”

“Apparently, she has company.”