Challenged.

I blinked; Marucs wanted me to go with him. Where? 

I looked up at him; He was quite intimidating. He was muscled, tall, with his blue eyes dominant on his dark skin. While he looked like a Greek God mixed with a Male Supermodel, he was strong, and deadly, and I knew that.

" Why do you need me?" I asked, my voice full of accusations. I didn't want to go with him; I knew something bad would happen; What if he drained me completely? I immediatly felt at ease, thanks to Carmen.

" Because, your are energy slave, and it's been a week since I have fed. It will be painless... hopefully," he winked jokefully, picking me up bridal style. " And, before you start asking questions, assuming and such, I'm taking you to the woods. Mario is coming, too; We're just going to challenge your instinct, that's all. Some chasing, talking, you know.. the usual," he shrugged, as though it were no big deal.

I sighed defeated, resting my head on his muscled chest. He chuckled, ruffling my hair, before Mario came and draped a coat on me, and Aggie toddled over, with a surprising grace. 

" Bye Ella Bella," she said with a smile, using the nickname she had for me since she could talk. " Have fun. Maybe we can play tea party when you come back," she grinned, flicking my sore wrist, closing her eyes, and taking a happy sigh.

I winced, rubbing my sore wrist as tears stung my already raw eyes. " Yeah, maybe kiddo. Be good, okay? And have fun with your new Mommy," I said, my voice becoming hard at the end. Aggie looked up to me, her blue eyes sad. She hit my wrist once again, before burying her face silently into Lily's chest.

--

We arrived in the wide, vast forest, which was intimidating in itself. The trees were an ailen green, with the trunks seeming as though they never ended. I had to convince myself that it was impossible for trees to grow higher than the clouds.

" Okay," Mario began, as Marcus gingerly set me on the wet earth. " I have decided to shorten your challenge, since I know you had a rough morning. I want you to weave through these set of trees," he said, motioning to a massive row of overgrown trees. " And then tell us about your life before you came here. Fair enough?" he asked, smiling.

No. " Uh, yeah. I mean, it's not like I have a choice or anything," I said, with a roll of my eyes. I was too tired mentally and emotionally to play their little mind games, so I found it best to just comply.

" That's the spirit," Marcus grinned, revealing his brilliant white teeth. " On your mark... get set... Go!"

Without even thinking, I burst into the fastest sprint I could mangage, beginning to weave in and out through the thick brush. It took me a few minutes to realize I had to talk, too.

" Um, I lived with my Mom and Dad, on a farm. We had a really small house. Daddy owned the farm, and Mama was a sub somedays. I went to school, but haven't been back since two weeks ago, because of missing humans," I said, panting now.  I was less than halfway there, and I needed to stay focused.

" Mmm," Mario mused, pleased by my thoughts. " I see. Seems as though you lived a normal, human life. Tell me, you had a sister besides Aggie, I heard. How close are you to her?" he asked, his voice too kind.

" Jillian," I said, slowing my pace, then bursting back into the fast sprint I had accustomed my legs to do.  Jillian was another reason for me to stay strong. " Jillian and I are only 4 years apart. She and I were really close. I bet she misses us terribly."

I gulped at the thought. Were people looking for us? Probably. Especially for Aggie, since she is so dang precious and young. I knew Jilly would be the main searcher; She is the kind that wants everything to be normal, whole.

I guess I hadn't realized I finished the course, because Marcus immediatly seized me by my shoulders. " That's enough. Here, drink this," he said, handing me a bottled water, it's brand and label all Icelandic. I quickly gulped it down, leaning against one of the massive trunks, panting.

Mario smiled. " You are very interesting. You will do good here, I promise." he said, taking slow, calm footsteps in my general direction. " Your sister, Jillian, will manage. After all, human memory fades, right?" he said, more to himself than to me. 

I nodded, pulling the plush jacket closer to my body. I didn't like talking about Jillian; Now, at least. I missed her terribly. " I'm tired," I croaked, plopping down. Remember when I said I wasn't in the mood for the Demons mind games? Well, now I'm not in the mood for anything, period.

Mario smiled as he exchanged a look of pleasure with his son, and then turned to me.

" Not yet. We have a lot more to learn, dear."

And with that, Alex walked out, a crooked smile on his perfect face.