Lily, the vampire

I awoke the next morning, startled seeing Eve, in all her magnificent beauty, smiling at me.

" Good morning, sleeping beauty. I must say, I think I'm full. You slept for a while," she laughed, moving a strand of hair away from my face. I groaned. I finally realized where I was; hell.

Despite the circumstances, I did sleep well. Carmen made me change into a silky pink nightgown, and gave me warm milk to settle my uneasy stomach. Then, she sent me back to to the room where I originally awoke, which was a large four poster bed , with a velvet couch and flat screen tv. Eve and Alex came up, my babysitters, as I remarked snidely in my head.

Eve took her spot in bed next to me, and Alex sat on the couch. It was hard for me to fall asleep originally, but once I did, it was heavenly. I hadn't had a bed to myself since Jillian was born. Jillian. An empty feeling spread through my stomach;

I left her all alone with my parents, whose stress level is probably through the roof right now. Great. A few silent tears slipped down my cheek, and I attempted to violently wipe them away, but my efforts were fruitless. Eve and Alex were instant at my side, their blue eyes worried. " It's nothing," I assured them, steadying my voice.

" I'm fine. Can I just... Take a shower?" I said, wanting to be free with my emotions. Alex and Eve shared a glance, and Eve nodded, throwing a pair of jeans and a loose t shirt at me.

" Go ahead. But right after, you need to eat," she said, opening the bathroom door. I nodded, walking in, and shutting the door behind me. I slid down the door, cradling my head in my hands. A few more tears slipped, warm against my cheeks. I looked up, to see a fancy bathroom; A jacuzzi tub with steps, and a huge, rectangle, glass shower. I stripped off my clothes, stepped in the glass box, and turned on a knob that read " Hot".

As the water surrounded me, my sobs grew harder, angrier. I hated my life, myself. I was weak now; my life was nothing to them. I wanted out; I saw a razor, meant for me to shave, I assume. I was not a cutter; I found it to be stupid, and I knew my Mama would find out even if I had tried. But now, I was hopeless. I picked up the razor, and slashed it against my wrist, watching a crimson liquid ooze down my arm, making the bottom of the shower red; I was getting lightheaded, and it started to hurt. Before I could let out another sob, this one of pain, the bathroom door flung open, and a exquisite, dark haired woman rushed in the shower, grabbing my wrist, and putting her cold lips on it, sucking gently, as she cradled my upper body effortlessly.

"What the hell are you thinking?'Lily screeched, licking my wound clean. " That is the most irresponsible act I have ever seen committed, in my 945 years!" she scolded, pulling me out, and wrapping me in a towel. She cradled me, and bounced me up and down, gently.

I was crying, like a baby. I never usually cried, but boy, this place sure brings out the emotional side in me. She shushed me gently, sitting down on the vanity chair.

" We are not completely heartless, you know. If you felt so horrible, you could have talked to someone. Carmen, Alex, Eve... Even Mario, he loves a good intellectual argument," she said, chuckling a little. She stared at me a while, and then stood, bringing me to the window. I looked out, seeing Aggie and Marcus chasing each other on the massive lawn.

" I know your confused," Lily cooed," But know we love her, and will never, ever, hurt her. She is my life," she said, her electric blue eyes sparkling with adoration. " And she loves you, too. But right now, she needs time to get used to her strength." she smiled, gently massaging my shoulder. As much as I hated to admit it, Lily would be a good mom, a great mom, even. Aggie would be happy, and maybe one day, she could visit Mama, back at our old house.

And maybe the moon is made out of cream cheese. I put a hand on my sore wrist, and moaned.

" Are you going to tell the others? I don't want to be watched closely anymore than I have to be," I said, sighing at the thought.

Lily raised a wet eye row, and smiled gently. " Unfortunatley, I have to. Here, let me dress you, make you some breakfast, and let you talk with Mario and Carmen. " she said, encourangily. .

Well, she was cool for a short time.