Chapter 21

After I had cried myself out and changed into some different clothes and got a little more comfortable then what I had been Jackson decided that he wanted to show me around the grounds. We made our way into the gardens and after I was shown the garden the gazebo the pond and the pool we nestled by the shade trees and decided to get to know one another.

"So tell me about yourself" Jackson said as he leaned against a tree.

"Well the first thing you should know is that my name isn't really my name." I responded.

He nodded his head. "I know."

I rose my eyebrows at him. "You know?"

"Of course I do I have your new profile and your old one. I know you are from District 12 and you are a survivor from two of the Games. I also know your parents were winners of the Games during their time and that you lost a brother. I know your real name isn't CalliRose but Aloe."

Wow he really did his reading. He knows everything about me so that must mean he could possibly know about Finnick and his plans for me.

"How long have you known I was going up for sale?" I asked him.

"Since your onstage interview. They weren't wrong when they guessed you'd be high in demand for being chosen for a wife. Finnicked used that for his own gain and profit. While you were in the games people were prepaying a hundred grand to get into the auction." Jackson told me.

I covered my face from embarrassment. Finnick was cruel and abused his power of authority.

"So you are against this?" I asked him.

He nodded his head. "I wouldn't be marrying you if I didn't have to. I mean sure you are beautiful and have great qualities for a woman but I don't want to have to force this. If I am to be with a woman I want it to be by choice."

I smiled knowing that this man that I would in time have to marry had morals and a sound mind. I wouldn't mind eventually becoming his wife and the possibility of having kids after all my mother and father fell in love in a way similar to this and they are wonderful together.

"You are smiling?" he commented.

I nodded my head and looked at him as I tucked a fly away behind my ear. "I am because I am lucky I have a guy like you to be forced to. Apart from the circumstances I got you. Maybe this wont be so bad. My mother and father were forced together by President Snow after their time in the arena and they've been happily married for 21 years."

He nodded his head and looked off into the distance as he began contemplating something. Suddenly he chuckled.

"Do you believe in fate?" he asked me.

"I believe in everything happens for a reason, is that the same thing?"

Jackson slowly nodded his head. "Pretty much."

He rose to his feet and brought me to mine. In a gentleman like manner he hoked his arm through mine and we began walking back towards the mansion. When we entered there stood the last people I wanted to see. President Finnick and the Eamon family.

"Finnick" Jackson greeted.

"Jackson. How is the lovely lady treating you? She isn't giving your trouble now is she?"

Jackson shook his head. "She is doing amazing-"

Finnick held up his hand. "Do not lie to me little brother."

My eyes widened. Little brother? That is impossible they have different names. Jackson looked at me and then back to Finnick.

"I have eyes and ears everywhere" Finnick added. "Maybe you need a bit of persuasion on your end."

Finnicked grabbed me around my wrist and pushed me forward into the house. We walked down the hall and stopped outside the first room.

"You see as generous as I am I have brought you an early wedding gift that I know you will love." He smirked and nodded towards the door.

I looked at him and slowly reached out to grasp the door handle. I turned it and pushed open the door, there in the middle of the room were two avoxes with their backs to me. They looked a bit familiar. I walked slowly forward and had taken only two steps before they turned around.

My hand shot up to my mouth as I held back a scream. These avoxes were my parents. I turned to look at Finnick who was smiling right at me. I turned towards him and tackled him to the ground.

"You monstrous bastard!" I screamed.

Finnick grabbed me around the neck and threw me off of him. He rose to his feet and towered above me.

"I won't kill you because I have alot riding on this wedding. But I will kill your parents and your little acquaintence Tierney." He clapped his hands three times and another door opened. In walked Tierney dressed as an avox and she looked terrified. He turned to head out of the room and stopped. "Thank you for the wedding invite, I will see you next week." He winked and then left.

When the door was shut behind him I rose quickly to my feet and threw myself into my parents arms and began crying.

"Mommy daddy I am so sorry." I cried.