Can't Live Without You

Sherlock arrived at the crime scene. ''What's all the commotion about?'' he asked Lestrade. There were more cops present than usual.

''Triple homicide,'' the DI explained. ''The victims have no connection whatsoever and they were all killed at different times during the day. The only thing they have in common is the fact their bodies were dumped in the same alley.''

Sherlock nodded and followed Lestrade to the bodies. He quickly examined them, but the cause of death was evident for all of them.

The female victim had a bullet in her head, one of the male victims had a slit throat and the other male victim was stabbed in his chest several times.

Sherlock tried to find a clue to indicate who the murderer could be, but he didn't come up with much. ''Serial killer. Most likely a man. He chooses his victims at random, no clear motive. Possibly a mental disorder,'' Sherlock explained to Lestrade.

The DI nodded and wrote it down quickly. ''So you have no clue who this serial killer could be?''

Sherlock shook his head and sighed, he was a little disappointed. ''We have to wait for a next victim.''

Lestrade nodded and put his notepad in his pocket. ''That's what (Y/N) said too.'' He sighed and rubbed his face, he was clearly tired.

''(Y/N) was here?'' Sherlock asked.

''Yes, she said that she would look around the crime scene to see if the serial killer was still around. She hasn't returned yet.'' Lestrade's phone rang and he quickly answered the call. ''Hello?''

''I caught the killer. I have him right here.''

Lestrade's eyes widened and his lips formed a small smile. ''Excellent work, (Y/N)!'' he exclaimed. ''Where are you?''

You were about to answer when the criminal overpowered you and kicked the phone out of your hand. He was on top of you, breathing heavily, as he pinned you down on the ground.

''(Y/N)?'' Lestrade yelled into the phone. ''(Y/N), what is happening? Answer me!''

Sherlock noticed the panic in his voice and froze. A million thoughts went through his head, but he shook them off to pay attention to what was actually going on.

The killer aimed his gun at your phone and shot it a few times, abruptly ending the call. ''I would kill you, but that would ruin my plan,'' he rasped into your ear.

You struggled against his grip, trying to reach for your own gun.

He noticed and painfully bent your arm towards you. ''Let your little friends at the police station know they won't catch me again.''

He got up and you tried to tackle him, but he was quicker. He aimed again and shot you in your upper leg.

You cried out in pain. ''You fucking dickhead!'' you screamed. You clutched your leg, attempting to stop the bleeding. Blood seeped through your fingers, soaking your gloves and jeans.

The killer blew you a kiss before running off and leaving you behind.

The gunshots had been heard all the way over at the crime scene, and both Lestrade and Sherlock immediately sprinted to where the noise came from.

You heard Sherlock call out for you and you mustered up all your strength to yell his name.

That was all it took. He quickly turned the corner and saw you on the ground, blood coating your blue jeans. His eyes widened and a wave of panic washed over him. He ran over to you, dropped himself next to you and pressed his scarf on the wound.

''He got away. That bastard got away!'' You tried to sit up, but Sherlock's hand pushed you back.

''It doesn't matter, (Y/N). You're more important. Don't move.''

Lestrade soon caught up and was phoning the ambulance as Sherlock kept applying pressure to your leg. You could see the panic in his eyes as his free hand frantically moved around, unsure of what to do.

You dropped your head onto the pavement and closed your eyes, trying to block out the stinging pain in your leg.

Sherlock noticed and immediately freaked out. His hand cupped your face as he frantically began to call your name. ''No, no, you have to stay awake. (Y/N), stay awake! You are not dying, you hear me? You're not dying!''

You opened your eyes and groaned. ''Christ, Sherlock, I'm not dying! It's a leg wound, you fucking idiot! I'll be fine.''

He applied more pressure to your leg and you cried out in pain. ''Fuck!'' you screamed. ''Bloody hell that hurts.''

Your swearing only spurred on Sherlock's panic more. His mind went blank, his hands were shaking, tears were forming in his eyes. He felt completely overwhelmed. Overwhelmed.. and terrified. Utterly terrified of what could happen to you.

''I'm going to pass out,'' you told him, warning him of what you felt coming.

He feverously shook his head and forced you to look at him. ''You're not going to pass out. Just look at me until the ambulance gets here.''

You looked at his red eyes. He looked at you with a worried and pained look. You could tell how afraid he truly was. It was then when you finally noticed his hand cupping your cheek. You blushed slightly, but Sherlock didn't seem to notice.

''It's fine, Sherlock,'' you tried to assure him, softening your voice to calm him. ''it's just a leg wound.'' You felt exhausted and closed your eyes.

You heard sirens in the distance and Sherlock's anxious words that slowly faded away.

Paramedics soon arrived at the scene and hauled you into the ambulance, quickly driving off to the closest hospital.

Sherlock was a nervous wreck. His breathing was rapid as he watched the ambulance drive off. He barely noticed Lestrade's hand on his shoulder, guiding him to his car.

This was everything he had ever been afraid of and more. Finally, he understood how real and deep his feelings for you truly were. He couldn't live without you, he realised that now.

He let Lestrade push him into his car. The entire drive to the hospital, Sherlock was anxiously fidgeting and moving around.

Despite all the uncertainties drowning his mind, he knew one thing for sure. He was in love with you.