The Final Battle

Chapter 9:

     With the help of the Squirtle Squad (a team of pokemon firefighters), Charizard and Raichu finally extinguished the flames incinerating Wigglytuff's Guild. Unfortunately, they discovered that many pokemon lost their lives in the fire and only a few remained.

     "We have concluded that the evil legendary pokemon Mewtwo was behind this terrible attack," Raichu announced to the survivors in the guild. "It not only obliterated the guild and it's five hundred thousand pokedollars that it contained, but it also took the lives of some of the innocent pokemon inside the guild."

     "Charizard and I have decided to venture out and defeat Mewtwo once and for all, but we cannot do this alone; Mewtwo will most likely have many evil pokemon on it's side. So if you are obliged to assist us in conquering evil, please raise your hand," continued Raichu.

     Some pokemon pondered their decision for a few minutes before raising their hands, while others immediately decided. Eventually, all of the pokemon had raised their hands in the air.

     "Okay, it seems like you have decided. We will depart at 7:00 AM tomorrow morning to locate Mewtwo," Charizard concluded before they headed to their houses to sleep.

                                                   .   .   .   .   .

     The next morning at 7:00 AM, the pokemon assembled nearby the remaining rubble from the guild. Charizard and Raichu took count of the pokemon to make sure that everyone was accounted for, then they divided into groups to begin the search.

     "Azumarill and Exploud, you two will head into Beach Cave. Scizor, Machamp, and Duskull, you three will head to the Desolated Desert. Totodile and Treecko, you two will head to the Butterfree Woods," Charizard ordered. "Raichu, Wigglytuff, and I will head towards Mount Typhlosion."

     "If nobody locates Mewtwo and his evil assisstants after three hours, we will return to this exact location to decide which location you will travel to next. However, if a group does find Mewtwo, immediately retreat to this location inform the Squirtle Squad so they can come retrieve us and then battle Mewtwo together. We will all wear tracking collars so they will be able to locate us as soon as possible. If it is not possible to escape Mewtwo...well, let's hope that does not ever happen," Charizard continued. "Is that clear to everyone?" he asked.

     They nodded in agreement. "Okay, let's go to Mount Typhlosion, Raichu," Charizard finalized as they all headed in seperate directions.

     They entered 1F and encountered a wild Vulpix level 68. She attacked first with Fire Blast on Charizard, which only reduced his HP by 26 and left him with 199 HP due to a type disadvantage. Raichu assisted Charizard by using Thunder, but Vulpix leapt to the side and dodged the attack.

     Vulpix used Grudge on Raichu so that if Raichu defeated her during his next turn, the move he used would lose all of it's PP. Charizard attacked Vulpix with Dragon Claw and reduced her total HP by 94 and leave 50 HP remaining.

     This time, Vulpix attempted using Inferno, but because this move had an accuracy of 50%, it avoided striking Raichu. Raichu used Thunder on Vulpix again, which deprived Vulpix of her remaining 50 HP and defeated her. Charizard received 19 EXP, while Raichu was awarded 36 HP for using the final move agaist Vulpix. Wigglytuff fully healed Charizard after this battle.

     They headed through an extensive tunnel and found an Ultra Oran Berry. "This might come in handy," Charizard thought as he picked it up and placed it in their bag. They located the stairs leading to 2F and proceeded up them.