Two Years Later

Chapter 8:

•Raichu (level 64)'s attacks: Thunder Bolt [Electric: 90d], Growl, Hyper Beam [Normal: 150d], and Thunder [Electric: 110d]. Total HP: 171.

•Charizard (level 66)'s attacks: Air Slash [Flying: 75d], Slash [Normal: 70d], Dragon Claw [Dragon: 80d], and Flare Blitz [Fire: 120d]. Total HP: 225.

     Raichu and Charizard woke up from their beds. The sun was rising on the horizon. "Well Charizard, it's time for another day of completing missions." Raichu said.

     They entered the mess hall and began munching on their breakfast. Immediately after they finished eating, they walked downstairs and viewed the Job Bulletin Board. There were currently four available jobs.

     Mission #1 read; "Come face me in the Desolated Desert on floor B9. Reward(s): 1,000 pokedollars and the TM Double-Edge. Difficulty level: A," this was sent by a Gliscor level 65.

     Mission #2 read; "I am lost in Finneon Pond! Please find and save me ASAP. Reward(s): 5 gummies. Difficulty level: C," this was sent by a Foongus.

     Mission #3 read; "My friend, Flareon, was exploring Mount Typhlosion and he still hasn't arrived yet. Something terrible might have happened, so please save him! Reward(s): 5,000 pokedollars. Difficulty: A+," this was sent by a Leafeon.

     The final mission read; "Please find a Clamperl's pearl for me. I hear that they are common in the Vast Ocean. Reward(s): Fire Stone, Water Stone, and Leaf Stone. Difficulty: D [You must be a water type pokemon to enter the Vast Ocean]," this was sent by a Sableye.

     Charizard and Raichu were deciding which mission to complete when suddenly the wall started creaking as if being impacted. It shook again creating large cracks, and then a portion of the wall burst open. The alarm was activated and pokemon were running around in panic.

     "What is going on?!" Charizard asked, but his voice was inaudible through all of the panic and screaming (not to mention Exploud's yelling). Charizard looked outside through the gaping hole and saw a figure for a split second until it dissapeared before he could find out who it was. Suddenly a section of the roof collapsed where they were standing and they barely escaped being crushed.

                                                  .   .   .   .   .

     Once the pokemon had stopped panicking, Raichu and Charizard decided to continue on their chosen mission in the Desolated Desert. After all, nobody else had been hurt and the attack had been specifically aimed at Raichu and Charizard. If they went on their mission, they might encounter the pokemon that attacked them.

     Charizard deposited 1,980 pokedollars into Sableye's Bank, and stored a Big Apple, 4 Geo Pebbles, 2 Iron Thorns, 2 Gummies, and a Chesto Berry into the Chansey Storage while they passed through Poke-Central. After that, they headed South to the Desolated Desert to complete their mission of defeating Gliscor.

     Immediately after arriving, Charizard and Raichu entered the Desolated Desert.

     On B1, they headed through an extensive tunnel that lead to an unusually large room filled with several pokemon. Raichu and Charizard had encountered Monster Houses before so they developed a plan. Raichu and Charizard would get the pokemon that they could deal double the amount of damage to due to a type-advantage.Once those pokemon were defeated, they would work together to defeat the remaining pokemon.

     Charizard attacked a wild Dragonite level 58 with Dragon Claw. Being super-effective against Dragonite, he lost 73 HP and remained with 106 HP. Dragonite retaliated with Hurricane, but Charizard flew away and avoided it. Then, Charizard used Air Slash on him in midair. The attack deprived 60 more HP from the Dragonite, but he immediately attacked Charizard with Dragon Rush and inflicted a 124 HP loss from him, leaving Charizard with 101 HP. Charizard finished off the Dragonite with Slash, received 123 EXP, and moved on to the next pokemon.

     Raichu started off battling a wild Golduck level 58. Raichu attacked her with Hyper Beam and caused Golduck to lose 93 out of her total 197 HP. Because Raichu was still recovering from using Hyper Beam, he couldn't dodge the Golduck's next attack of Hydro Pump. This move was a critical-hit and it caused Raichu to lose 89 HP and remain with 82.

     "Darn it! I should have began with a Thunder attack rather than Hyper Beam," Raichu scolded himself. Golduck was able to use Psych-Up and copy Raichu's stats before Raichu fully recovered. Once he was recovered, Raichu used Thunder Bolt on Golduck and it lost it's remaining HP due to the type advantage, so it fainted, awarding Raichu 109 EXP.

     They continued battling the remaining pokemon, occasionally restoring their HP with Oran Berries and Ultra Oran Berries (Oran Berries that restore 100 HP), until they finally defeated the 8 pokemon in the Monster House. "Nice work, Charizard," Raichu complimented.

     "I hope we don't encounter another Monster House in this dungeon," Charizard tiredly replied. They picked up an Oran Berry and proceeded to B2.

     On B2, they immediately encountered a wild Dugtrio level 53. Charizard attacked it with Flare Blitz which caused her to lose all of her 139 HP, but also reduced Charizard's HP by 46 due to recoil and left him with 113 HP. Charizard gained 77 EXP from the victory. Charizard leveled up to level 67!

     "You should probably restore some of your health. Here, eat this Oran Berry," Raichu advised. Charizard ate it and restored 20 of his missing HP. As they were walking through a room, Charizard carelessly fell into a pit of quicksand.

     "Help!" Charizard yelled while struglling to escape. He attempted to fly away, but was too submerged in the quicksand.

     "Stop struggling so much! The more you struggle, the quicker you will sink!" Raichu warned. However, Charizard continued struggling in panic. "Hold onto my hand!" yelled Raichu. He reached out his hand and Charizard grabbed onto it, but Raichu was pulled in also. They both held their breaths, knowing that they would not survive much longer.

                                                  .   .   .   .   .

     After nearly a minute of holding their breath and sinking deeper and deeper into the quick sand, Charizard and Raichu fell to the ground below. They began coughing up sand and struggling to get up. "At least...we're still...alive," Charizard said between coughs. "I wonder where we ended up," he wondered.

     They got up and viewed a sign that read: "FLOOR B9." This meant that the quicksand must have carried them down seven floors and led them to the floor with Gliscor. They fully healed themselves and continued on through five rooms until locating Gliscor. All that was left to do was to defeat Gliscor.

     Charizard and Raichu teamed up in this battle because Gliscor was at a moderately high level. Gliscor lunged forward and used X-Scissor on Raichu. The attack deducted 74 of Raichu's HP and left him with 97.

     Charizard then used Dragon-Claw on Gliscor and deducted 29 of his 236 total HP. Charizard remembered from playing Pokemon games that Gliscor had a much higher defense stat than it's special defense stat, so they should attack with special attack moves more frequently. Raichu only had special attack moves so he attacked Gliscor with Thunder and caused him to lose 104 HP and remain with 103 HP.

     Raichu and Charizard seemed to be succeeding but were unaware of Gliscor's most powerful attack that immediately defeats the opponent if it hits. Gliscor used Guillotine on Charizard, but fortuitously it missed him. This turn, Charizard attacked with Air Slash, causing Gliscor to lose 86 more of his HP. Finally, Raichu defeated Gliscor with a Thunder Bolt attack that deducted his remaining 17 HP. Raichu was awarded 83 EXP for using the last move against Gliscor before he fainted, and Charizard was awarded 42 EXP. Raichu leveled up to level 65!

     Immediately preliminary to their teleportation to Wigglytuff's Guild, Charizard glanced over and saw Mewtwo. "Wait, Raichu!" Charizard shouted, but Raichu didn't notice Mewtwo and they teleported away to see Wigglytuff's Guild engulfed in flames.

     "So Mewtwo must be who attacked the guild and attempted killing me and Raichu," Charizard scathingly thought as they watched in horror. "There is no telling how powerful it will be by now but our only option is to face it. Mewtwo will pay for what he did!"