Contest Winners

• Dedicated to letsallbefriends, bridge2enigma, and sassybatmanrivera

Congrats to the winners of the Super Awesome Batman Fanfic Writer Contest.

Breaking Out by Letsallbefriends

There was a rumor going around town that only the best criminals could escape Arkham Asylum, after its new boost in security. Armed guards told to shoot any “patient” that was attempting to escape, on sight. Though these guards may think themselves skilled and tough, there was always an assassin around who was just a little bit—or in Talia’s case—a lot better. Talia Al Ghul, the beautiful and dangerous assassin, who just so happened to be the daughter to Ra’s Al Ghul. The leader to the League of Assassins and the man who bestowed upon her the great Lazarus Pit that gave Ra’s and her immortality. It always crossed Talia’s mind that she was an occasional lover, and enemy, to Batman. It stung her deeply that her Beloved, meaning the Batman, had gotten her tossed into Arkham Asylum of all places. So what if she had been assisting her father in their plans to cleanse the world of all its impurities? It was only a matter of time before her Beloved noticed that he would need her assistance in finding the great Ra’s Al Ghul. Too bad for him, Talia already had a great plan in mind. And so, Talia joined forces with a man who had been a lover in the past. The same man who was remembered from time to time for “breaking” the Batman. Bane. Who grew up in a prison that was far worse than anything found in Gotham. The same Bane who lived out his life in prison for a crime that his own father had committed, but had it not been for the hell of a life that Bane had to endure- he would not have achieved a “perfect” body and mind. Forgetting the fact that his perfection was only completed when he was altered to take in the super steroid Venom that turned Bane from man to monster. The same Bane that wore a blue and red luchadore mask. “Open my cell.” Talia snapped at the guard outside of her door as she pressed the tip of her blade to the nape of the guard’s neck. It was such a mistake to give the “patients” turned prisoners a slot in the door so that they may see just a bit of the outside world. Wordlessly the guard opened Talia’s cell and just as silently, Talia let his sternum taste her blade as she drove it through him swiftly. Blood flowed from beneath the corpse as Talia grabbed the ring of keys that hung on his belt. Talia ran down the hallways, her burgundy colored jumpsuit, that was standard issue inside of Arkham Asylum, made her movements all the more swifter. In Talia’s left hand she carried her sword, the same one that she would one day use on her rival Catwoman. At the end of the hallway she peeked into the cell, noticing her accomplice Bane sitting in the corner of his cell watching her expectantly. Talia opened his cell and the two of them travelled from the main corridor of the Asylum and into the Confiscated Goods Vault. There was Venom that would be needed and Talia’s blade that was crafted by an old swordsman in Japan three hundred years ago when Talia was but a girl. “The guards!” Talia told Bane who moved twice as fast as she did, almost in slow motion a skull of a guard was slammed into the cement walls. Talia made note to ignore the mess that Bane was so fond of creating. Talia kicked the guns from the hands of guards, dodging bullets with grace as she used her sword the way her father had trained her to. Within moments the two criminals were surrounded by a pool of bodies, anybody who was still alive from the attack was blessed with luck. It was Bane who pushed open the vault door to the Confiscated Goods Vault, within it lay his precious Venom that he put into himself. Like a monster in a horror movie, he grew larger, his muscles bulged and a feeling over power came over him. Talia exchanged the sword she crafted in her cell and replaced it with the one she had entered the Asylum with. After taking back what was rightfully theirs, Talia and Bane took off into the night. Slaughtering the guards that stood in their way. Finally they were in the heart of Gotham City surrounded by prostitutes and mobsters who the two didn’t waste their time with. “Now I will break the Batman,” Bane grinned triumphantly behind his mask, “again!” Talia swept her brown hair over her shoulder and grimaced at Bane. Their partnership was practically over, she would not waste her time confiding secrets in him and she wouldn’t waste another minute to find Ra’s and tell him of the horrors that resided within Arkham Asylum. “Mind your surroundings, Bane.” Talia told him as she made her way down the street, without looking back at him. She tried to ignore the fact that the presence of his eyes on her back was beginning to make her uncomfortable and the sound that had been made when Bane pulled a spine out from the back of an armored guard. “For the next time you attempt to “break” the Batman, if it is not my Beloved who manages to break you in turn,” She grinned. “It shall be me…”