You Can't Spell Slaughter Without Laughter or Funeral without Fun

A blonde, pig-tailed girl in a skintight, red and black jumpsuit cartwheeled down the long winding driveway that led from the asylum. She had painted her face white and wore red lipstick and a black half-mask. She giggled insanely as she stopped just in front of a guard. She reached for his collar and pulled him closer. She planted a kiss on his cheek while at the same time reaching for his pistol. She then shoved him away and shot him. She laid a playing card over his heart. It was the Queen of Hearts. Hand-springing over the corpse she flew into another fit of laughter. “Puddin', Would be so proud of me!” By Puddin' she meant The Joker.

She went by the name Harley Quinn, a name given to her by the Joker himself. She had studied gymnastics at the Gotham Gymnasium, and was exceptionally talented at it. She had majored in psychology at Gotham University under the instruction of Professor Jonathan Crane. She had passed the course, only by bribing him to give her a good grade. After that she had taken a job as a shrink for Arkham Asylum, where she had met the Joker. Although it was against the rules of the prison ward she had fallen for him and had helped him escape and then ran off with him. He had convinced her that she had the most potential in a life of crime and she followed him, adapting the role of his harlequin sidekick.

A few yards away, another person walked, or rather skipped, meandering in the same general direction. His face was white. Not just pale, but white as snow, with blood red lips peeled back into a permanent smile, and green hair. He wore a purple suit and was laughing maniacally.

He was known only as The Joker and his origins were unknown. Many believed he had once been the common thief known as the Red Hood, and had fallen into a vat of toxin during a theft. Whatever his story was, it had left him with a dark sense of humor and a psychotically insane mind.

Somehow, as he moved forward not one bullet hit him. “Now, Now!” He cooed in a raspy, calm voice, “Let's put down the toys for a second and think.” He grabbed the S.W.A.T member's chin.

“Can it, Clown! The joke's up!” The guards told him, nervously. The Joker was sort of like Gotham's ultimate crime boss.

“Awww...” The Joker said sounding disappointed, “Why So Serious?” He pulled out a concealed switch-blade he had smuggled inside his sleeve,and flipped it open. He drew the blade across the man's lips, carving a smile much like his own, and then shoved it down his throat.