As Old As Time

I knew what had happened. Vivian, with her enchantment, had poisoned Merlin's magic. I could feel it. It would not have affected the knights as strongly as they did not practise magic. But Merlin? Merlin was magic itself. He was born of magic and without it, he was doomed. How on earth could I explain this to Arthur? He reached us then and I could practically hear his heart shatter. Despite what he may say and despite how much he may deny it, Merlin was his best friend and the most loyal and stupidly brave person he knew

~~~~~~~~Kilgharrah's POV~~~~~~~~

And then I felt it. A single moment, reverberating back through the strands of time itself. A single moment that could not be. A single moment that was impossible. 

The warlock...my Dragonlord....Emrys......dead.

This would have to be reversed or Albion would fall. I crossed fifty leagues in a matter of minutes, though it felt like hours. I circled the Labyrinth before landing on a stretch of grass. I took a deep breath and released a terrifying roar.

~~~~~~~~Inwe's POV~~~~~~~~

You know those times when you feel like you just want time to stop so you don't have to deal with the pain of the moment? Well that's what it felt like, kneeling with Arthur, cradling a lifeless Merlin in his arms, all the strength of the prince I knew stripped away until he was drained and vunerable. The silence hung over the labyrinth like a thick fog, interupted only by the surrounding knights quiet breathing and my own hiccups. Arthur wasn't crying. He looked to be made of stone, slowly crumbling away. Somehow, he wasn't there anymore and his eyes were vacant, staring straight ahead, staring at nothing.

Just then a noise ripped through the silence. Both Arthur and I were dragged from our shell-shocked states and thrown back into our harsh reality. Though the sound itself lasted only a matter of seconds, it was a sound as old as time. Something ancient and powerful, that even  those who did not possess magic could understand. It was not just a sound. It was a calling. Over and over again it repeated three words, 'Until Forever Comes'. I knew what I had to do and slowly I rose. ''Inwe?'', questioned Arthur. The words were swallowed up by the call before they could leave my mouth. Before me, a huge crack ripped through the air and inside, it was darker than the secrets of time. As I began to step closer to the swirling vortex, Arthur rose and shouted something that I couldn't hear. Then I reached the abyss and plunged in to the darkness. Falling through the strands of time, woven through history. All the while the echoeing call pulsing in my ears, ''Until Forever Comes, Until Forever Comes'...