Chapter 1

I knew this would be a bad idea.

My mother, Flare, and myself were stuck on a lapras, Lagoon, in the middle of the ocean. "You sure you know where you're going?" I quietly mumbled from the highest part I could get of Lagoon's back.

I didn't think that Lagoon heard her but then "of course I don't, we're just wondering in the middle of the ocean to ahhh let's say SWIM!" Said Lagoon

I yelped and put my paws over my head, Lagoon chuckled and so did Flare. "Mom!" I said embarrassed.

"Sorry Bri," said Flare as she managed to control her giggles. "Why would you ask such a thing anyways? You know Lagoon is a trained lapras meant for traveling right?" Lagoon raised her head proudly.

Even you heard me? I thought surprised. Boy and I thought I was a quiet one... "Yes I know... but doesn't the water make you, well, a little bit nervous?" I shifted uncomfortably. I did not feel anywhere near safe surrounded by the ocean when a fire type was in the middle of it.

"Well I trust Lagoon to keep us safe." Flare licked my face affectionately. "And plus, I sense were getting close..."

Lagoon turned her head toward them. "Aww shucks thank you it means a lot." Lagoon turned her head back up to look at the ocean beyond, yet, not all of it was ocean. "Land ahoy!" Lagoon shouted.

I instantly stood up with more hope then ever in the past few days of eating fish from the devastating ocean. Finally! I thought with relief.

"Well that was a quick change of mood," chuckled Flare.

******

I jumped off the lapras onto the dock with joy. Finally, sweet, sweet land, I laid down on the dock, worn out from the journey. I saw all the other Pokemon arriving on the dock looking very thirsty. Luckily I'm a fire type or the harsh sun would have made the journey two times worst for me....

Flare hopped down on the dock beside Me looking down at me. "Grateful?" She says.

I just nod in response hoping to never go on that journey again. *Yet* I thought as I got up to look over at the ocean. My old life is gone now... It's time to move on.

-Flashback-

A little houndour pads over to where her mother was sitting outside. "Mother?" She says. "What's wrong? Why are you out here sitting all alone?" The houndour had just came home from school to find her mother not inside the house.

As the houndour moves closer she can hear weeping from her mother. Her mother whirls around to look at her straight in the eyes. "He's dead!" The houndours mother shouts. "He's been murdered and he's never ever coming back!"

The houndour freezes unable to speak. Tears fills her eyes as her mother realizes what she done. Her mother runs up to her to give the houndour a big hug.

"I'm so sorry..." Her mother whispers in her ear. "I'm so, so sorry about your father."

-present time-

I shake my head. Never again will I have to worry about that, we got a new life ahead of us. I gulped, and hopefully it'll be a good one... I thought.

"Bri! Pick up your bags its time to visit our new home!" Says Flare at the end of the dock, her shoulders and neck loaded with supplies.

I quickly say goodbye to Lagoon. "Coming mother!" I say as I hurriedly sprints over to where Flare is standing.

End of first chapter! Tell me how you think of the story in the comment section.