Chapter [16]

Chapter 16

The touching moment was interrupted by long, rumbling howl. You snapped your head towards the sound, and there stood the one and only Azog the Douchebag.

"Out of the frying pan." Thorin whispered.

"And into the fire! Run. Run!" Gandalf finished.

The dwarves ran towards the trees that were towards the back.

You couldn't help Bilbo at this particular moment. You had your own problems at hand. How would you get in the tree? Your wrists were bound, which enabled you from climbing anything that was going straight up, and you were severely wounded, that didn't help anything.

To answer your question, multiple hands were quickly pushing you up the tree that was on the edge of the cliff. Thorin was waiting in the tree, ready to pull you up. He grabbed your arm and successfully pulled you onto the branch that was just below his.

All the dwarves were already in the tree, well... except for Bilbo, who was looking around in confusion. Probably wondering where everyone disappeared to.

"Bilbo!" You yelled from your tree to get his attention. He spun around and looked up at you. "Climb the tree!"

He nodded and... wait. Was he running towards your tree? He isn't supposed to do that! He was supposed to climb Balin's tree, like in the movie and book!

He looked up at you.... Fuck. You forgot he couldn't climb trees.
The Wargs were closing in fast. Think (Y/n), think!
Then you remembered back during the Stone Giant's battle. The rope, of course!

You slung the rope that was attached to your wrist bindings down to Bilbo. He understood and grabbed it.
As you struggled to pull the poor hobbit up, Thorin had to grab hold of your shoulders, so you wouldn't get pulled down.

Once he was safe in the tree next to you, he immediately took notice of your back, which was drenched in blood, rips and tears littered your clothing. It was obvious that you had the whipping of your life, or should I say you got the shit whipped out of you.

He was so caught up in staring at your injuries, that he didn't pay attention to his surroundings, well, that is until the ground caught fire of course.

_______ ___ __ _

You will forever remember the betrayed and hurt look Thorin gave you as soon as the Pale Orc appeared. You never bothered to warn him of this, Azog the Defiler, killer of his grandfather, and possibly his father, was alive.

The tree had fallen, everyone was trying not to fall of their branch.
You watched as Thorin walked, sword drawn, and an Oaken branch as a shield, across the fallen tree towards Azog.

You have watched him do this so many times in your world, but... something seemed wrong, something was going to happen. Something bad was going to happen to Thorin Oakenshield that wasn't supposed to happen at all... but what was it?

Suddenly, as Thorin charged the Pale Orc, he failed to notice the Orc that charged at him from the side.
He had noticed too late, the Orc swung his club at Thorin's face.

He fell with a great thud. As he tried to stand again, the Pale Orc charged him. But instead of hitting Thorin, the mace came in contact with a tall figure that stood in between the two enemies.

The strange clothing gave away who it was that took the blow. It was you, it was- "(Y/n)!"

As Thorin stared in in horror, Azog let out an enraged yell to one of his minions. An Orc started walking towards your fallen form, ax in hand.

_______ ___ __ _