Chapter [9]

Chapter 9

As Gandalf spoke with Radagast, you sat there, against a tree, you were in deep thought, you couldn't help but feel like you were forgetting something, well, more then just one thing.

Your mind kept switching between what happened earlier, and something that was to happen any minute now. What happened to you? That pain wasn't your normal headache...It couldn't have been the sword... could it?
What were you forgetting? You knew it was something important, but what was it?
Has anyone ever actually managed to lick their elbow without cheating?

You fumbled your brow, wondering where the sudden question came from, but was cut off by the loud howl that echoed all around you.

... Oh... oh shit.... That's what you were forgetting...

As soon as you stood up, Bilbo jogged to your side, slight fear in his eyes. "Was that a wolf? A-are there wolves out there?"

You started to shake your head 'no', but then Bofur walked in front of Bilbo, looking around with his hammer held to his chest. "That was no wolf, no, that was not a wolf."

A growl erupted from behind the group, then the snapping of twigs. They all turned to face the sound.
A Warg jumped down the hill, at the group. Thorin swung his sword, killing it with one swithe blow to the neck. Another came running down from a different side, Kili shot it in the chest with an arrow. It tumbled the rest of the way down, before Dwalin delt the final blow to the head with his axe.

Gandalf came back, with Radagast, and looked down at the dead Warg before turning to Thorin, who pulled his weapon from one of the bodies. "Wargs, which means an Orc pack is not far behind." Thorin announced.

"Orc pack?" Bilbo questioned, he seemed like he was about to faint.

"Who did you tell about your quest beyond your kin?" Gandalf questioned.

"Nobody!" Thorin defended.

"Who did you tell!?" He demanded.

"No one, I swear!"

Gandalf looked to the side.

"What in Durin's name is going on?"

Gandalf paused. "We're being hunted."

Bilbo looked at you, but you didn't look down to him, you kept your sights forward, unable to make eye contact with him... but you didn't know why you couldn't.

Suddenly, Thorin turned you, pointing his sword. "You! You told them, this is your doing!" He accused.

You glared down at the man before you that dared to point a weapon and accuse you of double crossing the company. "If you haven't noticed genius, I'm kinda tied up here, how the hell could I do this?" You couldn't help the sarcasm that rolled off your tongue.

Dwalin picked up his axe. "We have to get out of here!"

Ori came down from the trees. "We can't. We have no ponies, they bolted!"

Bilbo was now nervously pacing back and forth. You started to wonder what he was thinking about.

You stopped your question as soon as Radagast began to speak. "I'll draw them off."

Gandalf turned to face his dear friend. "These are Gundabad Wargs, they will out run you!"

"These are Rhosgobel Rabbits... I'd like to see them try." A smile creeped onto his face.

_________________ ___ __ _

You ran, but you couldn't run to fast, or you would outrun your short legged companions. Thorin held onto your restraints as you ran.

The sound of Wargs getting closer, Orcs yelling, all of the noise stopped, all you could hear was the sound of your heart pounding in your chest, every breath you took, and the dull thud of your feet hitting the ground as you 'ran'.

You could feel the adrenaline pumping through your body, you could no longer feel the ropes that forbid you from moving your arms.

...*Ba-dum*... Another step...

..*Ba-dum*... Another breath...

.*Ba-dum*.. Another heartbeat...

*Ba-dum*... Another iron will to live...

*Ba-dum*... A sudden desire to save him...

Finally, you gave up on slowing down for the dwarves, you bolted across the plain, trying to reach the next cover. Thorin was literally being dragged behind you, but he kept hold of the rope for dear life.

A sudden since of direction guided you through the rocks, if not for that, you most likely would have went another way.

The world finally came back to you as you seen the hidden entrance a few covers away.

You could hear dwarvish curses coming from the grass covered dwarf that was being hauled behind you.

You about ran past the next cover, but seeing the Warg-riders going by, you quickly stumbled backwards, away from the gap.
You tripped over Thorin, who was still recovering on the ground. With a silent curse, you landed straight on top of him. A groan came from under you. You quickly scrambled up.

He was taking to long to stand back up, I know you squished him and all, but still, come on.

Without thinking, you grabbed Thorin and hoisted him onto your back before running off again. You had no idea how you had managed to grab him and get him onto your back, considering your hands were bound. You guessed it was the adrenaline that was still in your system. You really didn't care at the moment.

Thorin held onto you, not able to process what just happened, or what was happening at this very moment.

If you had looked back, you could have seen the hurt look that was spread across Bilbo's face as you ran with Thorin on your back.

But there was no time for any of that.
You had to save him.

......

.....

...
..
...But you didn't know why...

__________ ___ __ _