THE DAY APRILL WENT TO HELL

The sun burned through my eyelids, I could hear the sand shifting, the cool wind blowing. The air was so dry that day. My eyes slowly fluttered open, the only thing visible was the sun. 'Why is there a hole in my 'roof?' Concrete fell from the walls and screams suddenly became audible. I slowly sat up, everything was in a haze, as if time was being slowly stirred over the Hell fire and all of the chaos from it poisoned the soup of life. In all of the confusion, some words being screamed stood out much more than others.

"It's Vash!" That name echoed in my head, seeming to bounce around the walls of my skull, fading in the distance. Children, Women, I could hear all of their cries. I looked at all of the people, stories below from where my small room was, the whole wall was missing by then. I sat motionless, expressionless. I looked at the sky, the most beautiful sky I had ever seen around those parts, there were so many clouds. A small "Whoa" slipped past my lips, and the whisper flew away in the sudden burst of wind. my hair flew with my words, the only thing I realized is that I needed a hair cut, my hair could get tangled. And just like that, it was over. I sat for hours, becoming parched and hungry, but I just flopped backward onto my pillow. Before I closed my eyes I whispered "That's a mighty lot of destruction. The insurance companies gonna be pissed. I should probably pack up and find somewhere else to stay... later."