chapter 8

It's 3 in the morning, robin and manny are all comfortable in their beds, you sleeping like a rock on the couch, and harry sleeping in his comfy chair so far the night was quite and peaceful.

3:30 is when the silence was broken by footsteps and drunk mumbling. Whoever was making the noises wasn't really loud enough to wake anyone though.the person stumbles through the house with a half empty bottle of alcohol in his hand, the strong smell of alcohol filling the air. You have finally woke up by a sound of something hitting the floor hard and the sound of glass shatter.

You covered your nose, you hate the smell of alcohol, who could be up drinking at this hour? It can't be harry since he is still asleep, you assumed he's a very heavy sleeper if he didn't wake up by the noise and robin does not drink at all, plus they have no beer at all in the house.

You got up from the couch and stretch, you turned around to see a man laying on the stairs groaning in pain and a now broken alcohol bottle by the stairs. You gave a sigh, you know very well who this was. In fact you have tried to have a conversation with this man before you started your 1st day on your old job. the conversation didn't really last long though, he was to busy drinking beer.

You know his name was larry the lamp and his job was to teach people about dreams, You still wonder how he managed to keep his job considering that he is a alcoholic. You helped the drunk man up, his dark blue hair is a mess like always and the lampshade that he always wears on his head is tilted to the side. "Th-thanks..." he slurred leaning against you for support, you rolled your eyes and helped him to the couch. "Your welcome larry" you said and left to get him some water.

When you got back with the water though he passed out on the couch. You gave another sigh and sat the glass of water on the coffee table and went to clean up the broken glass on the floor and tried to get rid of the alcohol smell.
After all the mess is cleaned up and most of the smell is cleared out you tried to wake up larry so he can at least drink the water.

He did wake up but he refused to drink the water "I'm fine i-i don't need any water" he slurs but unknown to him you don't take 'no' for a answer. After 15 minutes of trying to make larry drink the water you where successful, he drank not just one but 3 cups of water. He seems a bit more sober then before "thanks (y/n)..." larry has said putting the empty glass on the coffee table.

"So whatcha doing here?" You asked, larry looked at you then at his watch. "I didn't even realize it's almost 4." He said "I was actually here to teach that kid upstairs about dreams... but I decided to have a drink or 2 before i came here aaaand here i am" he rubs the back of his head "you really need help with that drinking problem of yours" you said to him and he nods "ya I know..." he said "I'm actually glad we are having a actual conversation. Unlike last time we talked" you said "yeah, me too." He smiled at you, you actually find his smile kinda cute.

*time skip cuz im lazy*

You and larry had been talking for hours and you kinda enjoyed his company. "-and then I hit the son of a gun over the head with the beer bottle. After that I was never allowed to go back there anymore"
Larry said finishing his story, he looks at his watch "oh.. it's 15 after 8" larry had said with a frown and you yawn "you should get going. Harry should be getting up any minute" you told him "yeah. I have things to do anyway..." "we should talk more" you said to him "how about we hang out this weekend?" Larry asked with that cute smile "sure why not?" You said, Larry's smile grew at your reply "great! I'll see you this weekend" larry yelled almost waking up harry.

And with that you both said your goodbyes and he left.