Chapter Twenty-three

Cauli's POV

Damn! I really expect this. I've been hoping that her nana is not her real mother.

"You're back!" I said while smiling.

I am so overwhelmed knowing that Emerald is already here. Knowing that she's now part again of our lives. We've been longing for her.

Mercalesia family should know about this.

"Wait." I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed Uncle's number.

"Uncle! I have a goodnews for you!" I joyfully said the moment he answered the call, wiping my tears away.

"What is it hijo?"

"Emerald is back! I found her already!"

"What is it honey?" I heard Aunt's voice.

"Eme's back! Cauli found her!"

"What?! Where's she?" The hope and excitement reigned her voice.

"She's here Aunt." I bite my lower lip, excitement's tugging me down.

"We'll be there in fifteen minutes."

"Okay. We'll wait for you." I said before cutting off the other line.

I took a glance from her. Her forehead creased.

"Who's Eme?"

"It's for you to find out."

Gorgina's POV

I don't know what the heck happened to him. He's so happy. He hugged me tight that almost killed me.

"What's the matter? Why are you keep on smiling?" I losen up from him.

My forehead creased. My heart's palpitating.

"I'm just happy that she came back." He said between his smiles. His eyes are glimmering.

"Who?"

"My love... Emerald."

Who's Emerald? Did she just say "My Love"? What?!

"Who's Emerald?" I sounded cold. I don't want him to know that my blood is at boiling point right now.

His love? Does it mean, it's not me? How come I'm back when I never leave?

"My love." A teasing smile popped up.

The heck! He's getting into my nerve.

"Cauli?" I heard Mrs. Mercalesia's voice.

"Aunt!" He stoop up to hug her.

"Where's she?" A hopeful feeling was written on her face.

Cauli took a glance from me while smiling. I diverted my eyes to Mrs. Mercalesia.

It's like, Mrs. Mercalesia just heard or saw things that are unbelievable to happen or exist. Her tears flow down.

I stood up and smiled at him.

"Emerald?" She whispered and hugged me tight.

I was frozen a little bit. What? I'm not Emerald.

She losen up from hugging and held my cheeks.

"Emerald." She said and inspected my whole body.

"Mrs. Mercalesia? I-I'm not Emerald." I said, feeling troubled.

What's happening?

"Emerald?" I heard Mr. Mercalesia's voice. He walked towards our way and hugged me tight.

Something inside me says there's a great connections between the both of us.

My tears streamed down like a river.

Are they my real parents? Are they the one whom I've been longing for?

But how did it happen?

"Emerald. Our daughter." Mrs. Mercalesia kissed my forehead.

"You must be mistaken. I'm not Emerald. I-Im not your daughter."

"Whether Jacky told you the whole truth or not, you will still know the whole truth. Because that's what you deserve."

How did they know the name of nana? Jacky Jackson?

We sat down on the sofa. Both Mr. and Mrs. Mercalesia are sitting beside me.

"Nineteen ninety nine, when you we're still a month year old, Jacky was our maid. We treated her like our own kind. We treated her like our family member. At first, she was good to us. She was so obedient. I don't know what happened but, one day, we found out that she's pregnant. The guy ran away. Then, after nine months, she gave birth to a girl. After four years, she asked permission to leave from her job. Of course, because we love her, we set her free. We didn't expect that she will take you away from us. Heaven knows how much we love you. We tried to find you everywhere. We didn't lose our hope. It aroused when we found out where did she live. And there we saw you. The first time we saw you, we knew it in ourselves that you're our daughter. You are Sofia Emerald Mercalesia."

"You tried to find me?" I knotted my brows together.

"Yes. We always believe that you're still alive. We always believe in our hearts that she won't hurt you."

"When I found out that you're looking for a university, I asked his father, my best buddy, to let you be part of the university. Thank goodness he granted my wish."

"You already know that I'm your daughter, Mr. Mercalesia?"

"Yes."

"But... you were so strict when it comes to me." My forehead creased, lips were left open.

"Yes, because that was our agreement. I shouldn't treat you like a princess though I want it so bad."

I nodded.

"I-I'm your daughter?"

"Yes. You're our daughter. Our Sofia Emerald Mercalesia." They all smiled.

"You already know about this, Cauli?" I shifted my attention to him who's watching us.

"I told him to keep it secret."

"Yeah. Don't blame me. I'm just following the instructions of your dad." He shrugged while smiling.

"Mom?... Dad?"

I hugged them tight. Gosh. I miss them so much.

We all losen up from hugging.

Mom's forehead creased.

"What happened to your cheeks?"

She started to feel anger.

"She did that to you?" She asked once again.

I looked down. Oh come on. Even if nana's been cruel to me, I still love her. Without her, I won't be here.

"Please mom. Let it pass."

"No! She will pay for everything!" Her jaw's clenched.

"Relax honey. Let's just these things pass. What's the most important thing is that, Eme's home. We will never be apart."

We all smiled.

Thank you. Thank you so much, good heaven! Thank you for these blessings.

Now, I have found myself. I have found my home. I'm now with myself with my home. Thanks to my perfect crush.