Chapter Three

Cauli's POV

"Cauli the great!" Jackson greeted me the moment I went out from my car.

"Hey, man!" Karson chuckled and tapped my back.

"What's up?" Emmerson jerked up, giving me a playful smile. "So you're with your hot lady again, huh?" He bluntly said. I rolled my eyes and started to walk in the long corridor.

We were laughing all the time, talking stuffs like how this day end. They planned to go to the bar for some celebration. Jackson's Dad just got assigned as an acting CEO of Dela Fuerte Company. It's been their dreams. And now that it happened, they wanted to cherish it.

While we're on our way to our rooms, I can't avoid hearing those compliments and praises from girls around me. I'm used to it since the day I got enrolled here. Though I didn't like Mom's idea of being enrolled here, I had nothing to do against it.

I cleared my throat when I noticed a girl watching me walking towards her. I assumed she's looking at me, tantalized with my looks. I smirked quitely when I realized she's spacing out.

"Are you done fantasizing my boyfriend?" Ruby scoffed at her. The girl with thick eyeglasses went back to her mind.

The girl didn't respond, rather, she scanned the whole body of Ruby like it's her first time to see my bestfriend.

"Hey pathetic girl! I'm talking to you!" She yeld at her.

"Stop it Ruby." I warned her. She shouldn't treat anyone like this. "Who are you?" I asked in forehead crease.

"Oh come on, Cauli!" She snarled. "You shouldn't talk to anyone specially with this old girl. She looked like a mess with her pale colored dress." She rolled her eyes in disgust and crossed her arms.

"I said stop!" My voice raised. "I'm not talking to you." I glared at her before shifting my attention to the vulnerable girl. "Who are you? What are you doing here? Don't you know you're blocking my way? Don't you know no one dares to do it?" I acted cool though queasiness started to wrap my whole system. I don't know why, I just felt something extraordinary towards her.

"A-are you Cauli?" She stammered. I was quite taken aback by her question.

How come she doesn't know about me?

"Don't you know him?-" Ruby butted in but immediately shut her mouth when I glared at her, giving her signs of death.

"Yes. And what do you want from me?"

It took seconds before she responded. What's with this girl, anyway?

"Oh, I'm sorry. I-I just want to hand this envelope to you." I stared at her while reaching me out the brown envelope. And what is this for? A threat? Too impossible.

I reached for the envelope and opened it immediately. I then opened the letter and started to read the message.

"Hi! I'm Gorgina Tanfield. I came from squater area. I'm poor. I'm just one of the scholars here in your university."

My brows furrowed. What's wrong of being a scholar? She should be proud because she's smart and intelligent. She passed the entrance exam which is quite difficult.

"Give it to me!" I was back when Ruby grabbed the envelope and read it aloud.

"Hi! I'm Gorgina Tanfield. I came from squater area. I'm poor. I'm just one of the scholars here in your university. I'm pathetic, ridiculous with my looks, numb, careless and idiot nerd girl. Everyone knows that except you so, I decided to write a letter for you. I just want to inform you."