Chapter 2 - The Place

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Here's the second chapter of James Potter and the Cloak of Invisibility! Remember to vote for it!

So in this chapter, you'll learn a lot about James' house - The Place, and a lot of background stuff, which are pretty interesting! So be sure to read carefully! Psst! Some information may be useful clues haha!

- Fan

----------

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"JAMES!" CRIED EUPHEMIA, HER MOUTH opened wide in a gasp. The pots and pans she had made zoom around all suddenly clattered down, and several loud cracks indicated that bowls had also been smashed. She rushed over to James, closely followed by Fleamont.

Just as she reached her son, James raised up his head, a grin on his face. His glasses were lopsided, and one of the lenses was crisscrossed with cracks. His nose was red, and there seemed to be a trickle of blood coming from his mouth.

"Hi Mum. Hi Dad," James said, placing his hands on the marble floor, and pushing himself up into a sitting position.

"Wh... what happened?" asked Euphemia, her eyes were fixed on James with a searching stare now that she was convinced that he wasn't dead.

Before answering to his mother's question, James, instead, lifted up his backside, and grabbed something.

"You sneaky little thing," he said, almost fondly, holding up what was unmistakably a gnome. "Sorry Mum, but it wasn't my fault that this little gnomey suddenly jumped and bit my butt."

The gnome was squirming in his hand, and James had to hold on very tightly to hold on. "You hurt my friend," it yelled, "for that you shall pay dearly!"

"Oh, of course you are," said James sarcastically, "what are you going to do, huh? Grab my ear with your tiny little matchstick fingers?"

James sensed that Fleamont was studying him very closely, so he put on his most innocent face, and gave the gnome a little shake.

"James," Fleamont began, his eyes were a little narrowed, "were you spying on..."

But before Fleamont could finish, James gave a loud yelp. He had let the gnome bite his finger on purpose, so he could have an excuse to interrupt his father.

"Dear," said Euphemia, shooting her husband a sideways look, "give your father the gnome, and he'll get rid of it. Let me get you fixed up, you look like a right mess."

James stood up gratefully, and handed the grubby gnome to his father. He didn't meet Fleamont in the eye, as he was afraid that something in his eyes would tell Fleamont what he had overheard. If that damn stupid gnome hadn't jumped on him, he would have been able to hear more about the thing that his parents were keeping from him. The thing that had been in his family for generations.