Prologue

There are few things in life that are meant to happen for a reason. Parents assure their children continuously that there is a reason for every incident that occurs. What parents never imprint into the minds of young children is that there are some accidents that can't be explained; there are tragedies that can't be reversed.

We can relive the past, sit in an old lawn chair in the backyard and shut our eyes to feel as if we were back there, in a time when everything was more similar and easier. We can watch milestones in our lives, good and bad, as if they were on a movie screen and we were in a theater watching them play out before us. The one thing that is impossible to do is change it.

For us, the accident proved to be both a tragedy and blessing in disguise. We watched the boy before us become a man in the few months we were with him.

There doesn't seem to be anything worse than knowing you could have prevented something, stopped it, and not be able to go back and change or alter it in some way. There is, and it's forgetting the past in the blink of an eye.

Alexander Cruise lost his memory after being involved in a hit and run that ended in a case that could never fully be closed. He lost the life he had known in a fraction of a second. He forgot the fame, the fortune, the girls; he forgot himself.

This story isn't about the depressed teenager everyone's favorite superstar became. It isn't about the flood of memories coming back to him all at once. The story is about the boy who was so in love with music that he found his memories lying beneath the surface of every lyric he ever wrote or sang.

A Westfield Weekly exclusive, I give you the story of Alexander Gilbert Cruise of the internationally adored boyband, ElevenEleven, his fall, and how he found the courage to rise again.

Willow Stevens

***AN***

Hey guys, so the rest of the book will be set three months before, when the accident and everything first occurred. 

I really hope you enjoyed! 

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24