Prologue

The very beginning of Zayn's new life was all a blur. All he could remember of it was a rush of leaving his store and going to the strange metal box that whizzed past the scenery. He remembered being held close to a little girl who had wild curly brown hair and the happiest smile - her eyes were twinkling with what seemed to be anticipation.

He remembered the metal box stopping and the little girl picking him up and rushing into a house. The girl ran to an area he could only guess would now be his future home.

Yes, he'd been briefed back at the store.

Yes, he'd been told he might get a new life.

Yes, he was still nervous beyond compare.

Apparently Zayn was famous. So famous that he (and some 'band mates') would be bought out almost instantly. Zayn didn't quite understand what that meant but he moved it to the back of his mind as soon as he saw young girls run into the store and straight for him.

Zayn was still smiling however, despite the jitteriness, as the young girl took him out of his box and sat him carefully down on the soft blanket of her bed. She was talking to him, introducing him to the other toys she owned, when there was a call for her from downstairs.

"Emily!" The voice rang throughout the house and went straight to Zayn's brain. Emily. Is that his owners name?

"Coming Mum!" The young girl, Emily, jumped off the bed, accidently knocking Zayn to his side in the process. She then ran out the door and pulled it shut behind her. Zayn could hear her run down the wooden stairs and next thing he new, the roar of the car's engine could he heard.

'Is Emily leaving?' Zayn thought to himself. 'She can't leave me here with all these new people all alone can she?' Zayn was starting to fidget and become restless, only to jump out of his plastic skin.

"Hey cutie pie..."