Chapter Four

"I wouldn't be too sure about that Barbie..." Sounded a voice from around the corner. Zayn knew who the voice belonged to. It belonged to the very toy who Zayn did not want to disappoint. The very toy that Zayn always felt suspicious about. The very toy that started walking out from where he was standing. 

Zayn stood rigid in his spot, still clinging onto Barbie's hand. He could feel his palms go sweaty and an uncomfortable red shade grace across his cheeks.

"Well hello there Barbie... Zayn..." Teddy said in a slow and somewhat menacing manner. He flittered his eyes between the two, then down to their still joined hands, and then between the two of them again. "What are we doing out so late?"

Zayn could feel Barbie's hand sweating and shaking in his grip. He decided to step in for Barbie before she either faints or says something ridiculous. "We were just going for a walk." Zayn trailed off. He slightly cringed at his answer but couldn't help it as Teddy's scrutinising gaze was fixed directly on him.

"A walk? This late?" Teddy then turned his eyes towards Barbie. He walked closer to her so he was almost nose to nose with the poor girl. Zayn could clearly see Barbie shaking uncontrollably whilst stammering out an answer. Once again, Zayn felt the need to save her so he jumped in.

"Yes. A walk..."

At that, Teddy turned and faced Zayn. The once critical face Teddy was now easing. Teddy took a step back and looked at both Zayn and Barbie. "Well... Be safe you two, don’t... Hurt yourself..." And with that, teddy glanced at Zayn once more before turning and walking away.

Zayn let out a huge breathe he didn't know was being held in. He turned to Barbie and as soon he looked at her, he noticed she was trembling like crazy. Zayn immediately pulled her into a hug, keeping her close to his chest. Zayn could feel her thin arms slowly and tentatively circling around him and if he were to be honest with himself, he would say he liked this position.

"Barbie are you okay?" Zayn asked pulling out of the hug so he could see her face. Though he wished he didn't because her faced was twisted and contorted in pure fear.

"Umm... Yeah, I guess..." Barbie's voice trembled. "I'm so sorry Zayn; I should have never tried to drag you out here."

"No Barbie, it's okay. You meant well." Zayn sent her a reassuring smile and rubbed her arm, trying to cheer her up a bit.

"But Teddy hates you now and it's all my fault!" Barbie cried out, covering her face in shame.

"Don't worry Barbie, he doesn't hate me. C'mon, let’s get you to bed." Zayn then took her hand again and led her back the way they came from. After dropping Barbie off at her mansion (and making sure she was tucked into bed), he made his way over to the bedside table. Zayn grabbed hold of the rope and starting climbing up it. When he got to the top, he tucked the rope back inside the top drawer and sat down beside Emily's sleeping head.

As he started to drift off to sleep, all he could think about was how he always wanted to make sure Barbie was safe and protected. Who better to do that than himself?

- - - - -

As morning came, Zayn woke up later than usual. This was much more different than what normally happens in mornings because Emily had a tendency to wake up nice and early. Along with her early rise, she'd wake almost everyone else up too with some random game she came up with. Today was much more appreciated as Zayn went to sleep later than he was supposed to. Although the change was nice, Zayn wondered why it occurred. The small look to his right revealed the answer why: Emily wasn't to be found.

Normally if a child is missing, one wouldn’t be happy. However, Zayn was happy because he could also see that the bed was made; meaning that Emily's mother had taken her out somewhere. He smiled to himself and quickly moved to retrieve the rope from inside the top drawer. After throwing it over the side, Zayn began to make his way down. When he landed on the ground, he saw Barbie was waiting for him.

"Hi Zayn, wanna hang out today? We didn't really get a chance to last night so I thought we could make up for it today?" She said whilst fluttering her long eyelashes and smiling sweetly at Zayn.

"Yeah sure, no worries. Let's go now." Zayn took Barbie by the hand and led her towards the door.

Zayn and Barbie spent the majority of the day together exploring the house. They ran along the corridors hand in hand, walking in and out of rooms, and just having a great day in each other's company. They had to retreat to Emily's bedroom again later in the evening, however, as they heard the car park outside the house. Zayn only just made it back up to the top of the bedside table before Emily burst through her door.

"Hi guys!" Emily shouted to all the toys she had in her room. She ran over to her bed and sat on the edge. "Hello Zayn, did you have a good day? I sure did..." 

Zayn was still smiling away as he listened to Emily retell how her day went. Waking up early in the morning to go to a doctor's appointment, which Emily most certainly did not like; heading out to have ice cream and a play in the park, which Emily most certainly loved; and to get a haircut, which Emily didn't mind.

-------------------------------------

TA DA! Chapter Four!! Zarbie is so cute guys :3 I totally ship them ;) Aha, only joking. Don't worry, Zarbie is just a blossoming friendship and the real soon-to-be relationship will be Ziall. Never fear, that will eventually happen; just not right now. I need things to happen first and more importantly, Zayn needs a friend! Out of Liam, Louis, and Harry, who should be bought next by Emily? I'm thinking Harry :) Anyway, as always:

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

WHAT HAVE YOU!

love you all <3

Kayla xx.