[SR] Chapter 2: FIREFLIES

Chapter 2

FIREFLIES

________________________________________________________________________

Alexander and Carissa continued their friendship through their letters. And every year Alexander sends her a book on her birthday with a note:

I already read this book

so that when you read this

it would be like am reading it for you.

I miss you.

ALEXANDER

_______________________________________________________________________

Carissa met new friends in her new home, and started her new life. Time passed so quickly, her grandmother died, and the two were left behind and continue life. Then, her mom manages to start all over again and made successful in her new career. After a few years, Carissa finally graduated in senior high while Alexander is already taking his college degree.

Dear Carissa

Congratulations!

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to come because we had our final exams. Anyway, I saw your pictures. You’ve grown so beautiful like a butterfly came out from its cocoon.

And is it true that you’ll be studying here next year? That would be great! I’m so excited to see you then.

I miss you.

ALEXANDER

Carissa giggled when she read Alexander’s letter. Then, she sent her invitation to Alexander hoping that he will come to her debut.

Afterwards she went to her mom to help in preparing the decorations.

“Mom! I’m done with the invitations today. Is there anything I could help here?”

“Did you send one for Alexander too?”

“Of course!!! How could I forget?”

“Okay that’s good honey. Anyway, prepare yourself and we will go to the shop today.”

“Yehey! We will fit the dress; I’m so excited to see it.

“Me, too, honey! And I’m sure It will go with you honey.”]

They walked by the street of the town until they reached at the dress shop. Carissa quickly fit the pink dress and as she went outside from the fitting room, she turns around infront of the mirror.

The moment her mother saw her, she ran over her daughter and hugged her.

“I’m so glad to see you and be with you in this moment of your life honey”

“And I wished dad was also with us” Carissa cried

“I’m sure honey wherever he is right now, I believe that he will be proud of you and you will always be her little princess.

Carissa embraced her mother tight and cried.

----------------------------------------------------——-xxxx—-------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the day has come, Carissa’s debut.

Town folks gathered for the double celebration again. They were singing and dancing; and Carissa’s friends also came along. Before the program started, Carissa roam around, every person she passed greeted her, hugged her, and gave her some gifts. People we’re so glad to see her. But Carissa seemed sad; something or someone is still missing. But she didn’t find it either and sadly she went outside and sat on the bench at the backyard. Her mother noticed her and followed her.