My Survival - Chapter 4 - The Awakening

***Recap*** 

By the time she finished reading the letter, Allen was in tears, she was shocked by the knowledge of her parent’s death, her identity, her heritage and her future. Her life wasn’t hers anymore. There were dependants on her, a whole kingdom full. 

 “Oh my God! This is all too much to take in.” She said shaken up to the core. She got out of bed immediately. She couldn’t just sit there. How come she didn’t know anything about this till now? Well, the so called trusted people around her felt she didn’t need to know about it? She was angry, very angry, she didn’t know whom to trust anymore. Immediately an image of Jack came up in her mind. Her Granma trusted Jack with her, so, she could trust him too. Right? Couldn’t she? 

*** End of Recap***

Authors Note: Picture of Jack on the right. I hope you like him.

***At Present***

Allen was stunned, she wondered who else knew that she was a princess and felt they didn’t need to tell her?” I am a princess, Wow! What did Granma mean by training me and my wolf? I don’t have any pets. I most definitely don’t have a wolf as my pet. What did she mean that? “ 

Allen suddenly felt alerted. She knew that Jack was approaching her room now. She didn’t hear any sound, but, she had an unusual awareness when it came to Jack. As if she knew him, but, she didn’t. She felt safe around him though. But, definitely stirred up. 

Allen didn’t want any more complications in her life. She felt her mind talking to her, replying back to her thoughts. As if a conversation was taking place with two individuals in her head. It happened only sometimes since she started running, so, she didn’t give it much importance. 

Jack knocked the door and Allen immediately opened it. He said dinner was ready. Closing the door behind her, she followed him down the stairs. The table was already set for two. He pointed a chair to her and asked her to be seated while he brought the wine. Allen sat at the table quietly waiting for Jack. 

When Jack came back to the table, he filled their glasses with wine and offered it to her. Allen thanked him with a small smile. He kept watching her curiously. Allen cleared her throat and looked down at her plate uncomfortable in his stare. 

 She decided to speak to break the awkwardness. She asked “How well do you know my Grandmother?”  

Jack had a sip of his wine in deep thought and replied “We know each other a long time.  She was a close friend of my grandparents. “

Allen brushed her hair away from her forehead and looked up to Jack and asked “How come I wasn’t aware of you till today?” 

“Well, I guess only Anna can answer that question.” 

Allen suddenly became sad. She pinched the bridge of her nose and took a deep breath. Jack was confused. He didn’t know what upset her. He wanted to make things better so he said “Anna is a very smart woman; she never did anything without purpose.” My folks trusted her with their lives. You can get your questions answered when she comes.” Allen just nodded her head in silence. 

How was she going to get her questions answered when Anna wasn’t alive? Her eyes started filling up with tears no matter how much she tried to stop them. The only person who was closest to her is now not there anymore. Allen wiped her tears and tried to take another sip of her wine in the hope that it would ease the pain in her throat that was choking her.

When she reached out to take her glass, Jack caught her hand. Immediately she felt  a bit warmer and better. Allen looked up to see the concern in his eyes. “What happened? Why are you crying?”