My Survival - Chapter 3 - The Parcel

My Survival

Chapter 3 – The Parcel

As Allen ate the hot and delicious soup she picked up the parcel her Grandmother had left for her. “I wonder what you have given me next Granma”, she whispered softly. She carefully broke the seal, removed the thick string wrapped around it. She then took a big bite of her garlic bread. “Hmmm... this is heavenly”, she murmured. She took another large spoon of her soup and kept them aside on the table next to the bed, making place for whatever was inside the parcel.

She sat cross-legged with the parcel in hand. She was unable to contain the excitement within her. She slowly removed the brown paper and saw another wrapping of white fabric. She let out a sigh. She removed it to reveal a box. A rectangle wooden box, which was kept, locked. It wasn’t anything but beautiful looking. It was a just a nondescript wooden box. The box was made out of rose wood and the latch and lock was made of brass. It looked very old, probably as old as her Granma or more.

She looked for a key to open it.. She shook the cloth, paper, everything that came with the box.............. There was no key. She turned the box all around to check if the key was taped to the box. She didn’t find any. She pushed the box forward and stared at it. Her stomach growled. She took a deep breath and decided to finish her soup before it got cold. She quickly drank it and ate the remaining garlic bread.

She remembered the small felt covered box that she had found in her backpack. She got out of her bed and checked that the bedroom door was locked properly and then went to get her backpack. She found it inside the wardrobe where she had left earlier. She picked it up and got onto the bed. She took the small box and removed the keys from it. She then reached for the other box Jack had given her and tried opening it.

It opened with a soft click. There was a beautiful gold chain with a big pendant. The pendant was solid gold. It was round with very intricate design on it. (A picture of the pendant is on the side). There was also a letter accompanying it. The letter was from her Granma. It read

Dear Allen,

                    If you are reading this letter than it means that you are in the safe house with Jack. I am sorry for telling you about your heritage through a letter. I really wish you heard it from me in person.  You are a Princess and the rightful heir to the Goldstone Pack.

You need to take over your kingdom from your Uncle James. James is your Father’s younger brother. He is now ruling your land till you grow up to accept your responsibility. Your parents were killed because of Eleanor. She wanted to be the Queen and rule beside your dad. But, your dad was very much in love with your mother. When your Dad got engaged, she vowed to take revenge against your parents for shattering her dreams. Eleanor never got over your dad and she hated your mom. She was also a very greedy woman. She is alive, hiding and planning her next move.

Your Uncle is a nice person but, he cannot take care of your kingdom forever. You are the rightful heir and you must take over from him. He is the only other family who knows about your existence. But, even he doesn’t know your whereabouts.  He arranged for you to be sent to me when they got killed.

 You need to train yourself before coming out of hiding. Once your enemies know about you they will not stop at anything to kill you. When your parents were killed, 200 people who were attending the party were also killed in the bomb blast. They didn’t die in an accident as you were told to believe. They got killed on their Wedding Anniversary party. Very close people to your parents only knew about your birth.

Eleanor  still doenst know about you. She is a very vicious woman. She doesn’t care about anything but the throne. Your responsibility doesn’t lie only to your kingdom but also to your parents, future family and humans. I wish I was there for you now Allen. But, you are a strong girl. You will know to do the right thing. Trust your judgement.

The most important thing for you right now is to be alive, get yourself and your wolf stronger and be ready to take over. Your people are waiting for you to rule the land. You will be a great queen one day just like your mom and your paternal grandmother. Your people loved your mom for her kindness, beauty, fair judgement and her sweet demeanour. Your father was a very happy man. He was a very good King. Everybody loved your parents.

Jack’s parents were very close friends of your father.  He is not exactly a easy person to get along, but, he is trustworthy and loyal. He also lost his grandparents on the same fateful night along with yours. He will train you to be a fighter. He will be very tough on you, but, trust me; he is more than that on himself. You will be learning from one of the best fighters out there Allen.

The pendant you find along with this letter is yours to keep. It was given to your mom by your Dad. It has stayed in his family for generations. Wear it hidden at all times. It is a very powerful pendant. Your dad got it re-energised by the Buddhist monks in Nepal for you. It will give you mental strength in your journey. I love you very much Allen. Keep Safe!

You’re loving Granma

Anna

By the time she finished reading the letter, Allen was in tears, she was shocked by the knowledge of her parent’s death, her identity, her heritage, her future. Her life wasn’t hers anymore. There were dependants on her, a whole kingdom full.

 “Oh my God! This is all too much to take in.” She got out of bed immediately. She couldn’t just sit there. How come she didn’t know anything about this till now? Well, the so called trusted people around her felt she didn’t need to know about it. She was angry, very angry, she didn’t know whom to trust anymore. Immediately an image of Jack came up in her mind. Her Granma trusted Jack with her, so, she could trust him too. Right? Couldn’t she?

Authors Note: Thank you all so much for reading my story. Please vote, comment and fan. I love to read all your comments and it gives me the push to write faster. I love you all!