The Park

When we arrived at the park I got out a blanket that was stuffed in the back of my car.

"Wow such beautiful weather today, huh Drew? "

"Couldn't be any better!" I exclaimed with joy. We walk over to a nice big shady tree that had a good view of the whole park. There wasn't many people here, just a few people swinging on the swings, and a few other couples jogging around the park. I was glad no one was around us though because I enjoy some peace and quiet, especially when I'm with Stacey.

"So I've been thinking a lot lately, and I asked my parents if it would be ok and they said yes! I was thinking could we go somewhere special for your birthday! How does that sound? Said Stacey.

"Hm, what did you have in mind?" I said back with confusion.

"You know somewhere fun that we never get to go! Like maybe Disneyland, Lake Tahoe, or even just a special event like a fun hockey game. Just anything we can do that'll be a good memory for us" she said back.

I couldn't really think of a place off the top of my head, it was all very sudden. Disneyland would be a lot of money, and a lot of walking. Unless we only go for a day, but still we would get foot cramps and we would have some serious money problems after the trip. Than I thought to myself, Lake Tahoe! Very beautiful, so maybe we can go there. A hockey game? That was a maybe too because I loved hockey! I still didn't know what I wanted to do though...

"Well I would love to go somewhere fun with you, it'll make this day a lot more fun!" I said excitedly.

"We won't go today of course, because it's so sudden so will go tomorrow! But anyways go on and tell me what you wanna do."

"I'm not too sure yet, like I want to do Disneyland but than again it'll be a financial crisis for us if we do that because of all the money it would cost. I was thinking maybe Lake Tahoe? Or anywhere that has a camping vibe to it." I said with a confused voice, because I still didn't know what to do.

"Well just think about it for another hour or so and than let me know! Just a little fun day trip I thought of so I'll let you pick." Stacey exclaimed.

This might be random but I had the strangest feeling, For some reason I felt like someone was watching us. I'm not sure why, but I just felt like I was being watched. Like I said there wasn't many people at the park. Just some kids swinging, and some couples working out, so I'm not sure why I felt like I was being watched. I looked around and saw nobody. Just a beautiful park, and lots of big trees. Well I feel stupid I thought to myself.

"Drew, are you feeling ok?" You look a little paranoid..." Stacey said with a cautious voice.

"Um, yes I'm fine sweetheart. Just felt a little sick but I'm all good now." I said back trying to be more bold in my speaking.

I was trying to think of something to do to get this weird feeling off my mind, so I wanted to walk around the park.

"Hey since we're all done eating now let's just walk around the park, if that's alright with you?"

She had no problem with that so she jumped right up and we left our stuff at are blanket. It felt nice to actually get up and walk around, especially since it was a little breezy so it felt nice to have the fresh air hit my body as I walked around the park with her.

"I can't believe it's been two years since we've met." Stacey said with a low voice.

To be honest sometimes I would forget about how long we've been together. In all fairness though two years is definitely hard to remember!

"Um, yes! It's crazy at how fast time has gone by. For are three year anniversary will have to do something extra special!"

"Yes definitely in time we can think of something, but for now we have to think of what you would want to do for your birthday! She said with a loud voice.