When We...

I was somewhat out of breath as I pulled my face away. I wiped my lips on the back of my hand. It was all in the timing…and I wasn’t ready for fireworks…yet. I carefully straddled Roger’s lap and reached my arms around his shoulders, leanin’ my forehead in against his. I wasn’t puttin’ any of my body weight on him. He tilted his head up and stared at me. His eyes were heavy. He tilted his head toward his bed and lipped the words ‘C’mon’ to me. I stood up and held my hands out to him. Roger wrapped his fingers in mine and walked me backwards toward his bed.

 It’s a wonder I didn’t fall I was so dizzy. I hit his mattress hard and pushed myself up into a nest of pillows, not taking my eyes off his as he crawled over me. His arms were on either side of my shoulders, his hair fallin’ forward and the chains of his necklace tilting to my skin with gravity. He didn’t take his eyes off me until he lowered the weight of his body to rest on mine. His lips were on my neck, my hands tangled in his hair. I had wrapped my legs around his as I felt his tongue on my collarbone. I could feel the tickle of stray strands on my chest and the heat of his breath against my skin.

 The clock beside his bed read 5:32. Light from the hallway snuck in underneath his door, an intruder in this steamy sanctuary. My bra slid off my shoulders so I arched my back to the point where Roger’s necklace was restin’ between my breasts. He was so effortless in his movements and I soon found myself naked from the waist up. I sighed heavily at the feeling of his bare skin against mine. I reached my hands down his back, letting my finger trace his spine. Roger pushed himself up, reachin’ over to the side of the bed, feelin’ around for a moment. We were already close to the edge and so I moved myself toward the middle; strippin’ myself completely.

  I reached over and pulled the covers up around me. It was only now that I realized he typically slept on the left side of the bed.  His hand landed on one of the foil wrappers I had thrown there earlier. I stretched my arms above my head and closed my eyes for a moment, hearin’ the buckle of Roger’s belt hit the floor. I felt so relaxed and without a care in the world. I opened my eyes and reached up toward Roger, putting my arms around him as he worked his way underneath the covers with me. He shoved the blankets down toward his waist. I shifted my body around with him until I had my hands underneath his arms and on his shoulders He was restin’ on his elbows. I could feel his bracelet touching my shoulder blade, his necklace restin’ on my throat. Roger’s eyes burned into mine as his hair fell at both sides of my collarbone, the ends barely tickling me. I pressed my fingertips into his shoulders and exhaled.

 My breath became rhythmic in nature; my short huffs and puffs colliding with his. Roger didn’t take his eyes off me and I was locked on his. Normally, when someone makes eyes with you, I mean really fixes their gaze on you for any length of time; it’s a dreadfully uncomfortable feelin’.  However, that wasn’t the case. Not now. I was perfectly comfortable and he was just as indulged as I. His breath became harder, hitting my face in humid waves. My mouth fell open slightly as my sighs shuddered a bit. I gripped onto his shoulders a little firmer. I could see the sweat formin’ on his forehead in the reflection of the streetlight and I could feel my face grow hot; my cheeks gettin’ clammy. Air escaped my throat in shorter, heavier heaves. His breath wasn’t in sync with mine at this point…that was a good thing. I could feel Roger’s knuckles against my back where they were slightly flexed, his fingers pressing hard into the sheets beneath us.

 His stray strands of hair were startin’ to stick to his temples. With my brown eyes glued to those baby blues, I dug my fingernails into him hard. My mouth fell open even further and my breath seemed it had a mind of it’s own at this point.  Roger could see the weakness and hunger in my eyes. I inhaled deeply through my nose and clenched my teeth tightly. I let all the wind in my lungs escape me and immediately felt myself panting.  Roger’s face was moist with sweat and he was heavin’ against my chest. His hot breath was divinely suffocatin’ me and I could feel his heart poundin’. I continued panting and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, pullin’ the weight of his body against me. I could feel the sweat on the back of his neck underneath his hair. Roger still hadn’t taken his eyes off me except now we both were finally blinkin’.

 My body felt like jelly. I moved my hands around and pushed his hair behind his ears. I could feel my pulse throb in my neck and in my wrists. Roger was practically laying on me at this point as he gently pressed his lips into mine. I moved my hand to the side of his face dragging my palm my fingers over his ear and into his hot hair.  Our breath had returned mostly to normal. I felt Roger shift his weight listlessly and I helped slide him beside me, only now realizin’ how sweaty my stomach had become. We both had pushed the covers away from us for now and I was lyin’ on my side. I could feel it. I wouldn’t be awake much longer. Roger looked like an angel resting his head on his arm. He reached a hand to my shoulder and motioned me in closer to him. “Wow…” his voice was hardly audible. “Just…wow…Goodnight, sweetheart.” I smiled at him. I knew there was a dreamy look in my sleepy eyes and I did nothing to hide it. “Goodnight.”