03 - vikk

( sunday, 10:00 am )

vikk would have to throw away his report card now. "a genius at observing situations" didn't seem to fit him anymore.

he smacked his forehead with the palm of his hand, mouth still wide open in awe. he was the best student in the entire school, and yet he didn't seem to recognize lachlan's accent until now.

he glanced at preston as his cheeks flushed red. "you knew? and you didn't tell me?"

the other raised both his hands up in surrender. "hey now, i thought you noticed already. plus you guys were bickering like a married couple and i didn't want to ruin the moment."

vikk sighed, putting his head down in defeat. "no way..." he muttered into the table as his best friend started chuckling. "betrayed, murdered, absolutely obliterated—"

vikk was cut off by the sound of lachlan's laugh. "now i know why you didn't run away from me at the party," the blonde grinned.

the indian's face flushed even more as he stammered, his stable voice gone, "i wouldn't have run from you anyway though! look i just— i'm not good at talking, i'm shy, i'm—"

his hands were flying about him as vikk frantically tried to explain. he almost smacked rob in the face if lachlan hadn't caught his arm 2.4 seconds before impact.

"vikk," the boy laughed, lowering vikk's arm. "it's fine. i get it. i've went through rejection a handful of times."

the brit didn't know how to answer to that, so he just wriggled his arm out of the blonde's grasp and decided to change the topic. "where's your accent from anyway?"

"australia."

"austral—" vikk's voice trailed off. "what? what brought you here?"

a hand shot up in the air.

"me," the guy named rob spoke up. "london's cool. we came here as transfer students."

vikk tilted his head. "but you sound canadian."

rob raised an eyebrow. "you can tell if someone sounds canadian but not if someone sounds australian?"

vikk rolled his eyes. "just. continue."

the taller male obliged without hesitation. vikk was almost jealous of how quickly rob could move from conversation to conversation. socializing was like a chore for vikk. "see, me and lachlan—" vikk had to resist correcting the male's grammar. "—met at an online school. we started talking and eventually we... became best friends. then we decided we should transfer to somewhere abroad together."

it was vikk's turn to raise an eyebrow. he turned to preston. "you sure lachlan and i are the married couple and not lachlan and rob?"

he heard a sigh come from rob. "stop that. i'm straight."

vikk noticed that after the canadian said that, preston seemed to have massive interest in the checkered tablecloth before him. vikk almost laughed.

"are you?"

"yes."

"completely?"

"yes."

if preston wasn't crimson red at the ears, he probably would have said something dumb like: "we'll see about that."