Chapter one.

CHAPTER ONE ; The cafe.

Jane whistled a happy tune as she tied up her raven locks and pulled her apron tighter. She skipped out to the counter where people were already queing up ready to place orders.

Jane worked in her family cafe on weekends and some weekdays after school. She was supposed to carry the buisness on after she left school, but all her family knew she wanted to be a ,Homicide Detective'.

"Hey, What can i get ya?" Jane asked. She was great at this job though. She would have people queing round the streets for her cheery smile and a latte in the morning.

She did love this job. Being able to see so many different people and how similar about 3 are, intregued her.

She never really paid much attention to the young girls or boys that lusted after her. Her hair and olive skin attracted the boys. Her smile and muscular build attracted the girls.

Jane only ever had two girlfriends and that was over two years ago when both pulled a trick on her and cheated. Jane dodnt let anyone in since then. And she did have a few boys before but lets not go into that now.

Her family knew she was bisexual but not gay. Jane knew it broke her mothers heart to accept her for being bisexual, she couldnt tell her she was gay. Yet anyway.

Jane began to dance and whistle to the music as she mopped the floor around a few tables. Her black laceless vans slid around the floor as she danced.

"Excuse me?" A voice called.

Jane of course didnt hear over her whisteling and focus on her dancing.

"Uh..Excuse me?" The voice called again.

Jane moved back to spin and as she did she caught the woman and sent her flying backwards. Jane caught her arm before she slipped and pulled her back up.

Jane stared at the beautiful woman infront of her for a moment before she was snapped back to reality.

"Im so sorry ma'am. Are you alright?" Jane asked as she stood up straight and let go of the womans soft arm.

"Yes thankyou. I was just trying to get you're attention as there is no one behind the counter." The woman smiled sweetly.

"Oh right of course. Sorry, what can i get you?" Jane asked running behing the counter.

Maura smiled and walked over to the counter in her black skinnys and black heels with her leather jacket and red scarf.

"May i have a double latte?" She asked kindly.

Jane smiled before nodding and making her latte.

"Here" Jane smiled as she passed the cardboard cup with a white plastic lid to the woman.

"Whats your name?" Jane asked.

The woman looked up a little suprised then smiled.

"Maura"

Jane smiled as she wrote 'Maura' On the latte cup.

Maura laughed then handed Jane 2 dollars.

"Oh no no. Its on the house" Jane said. " Least i can do for nearly killing you earlier" She laughed.

Maura giggled then retrieved her latte.

"Thank you very much" Maura blushed a little before turning and sauntering out the cafe door.

Jane just watched after her.

"Janie" Her mother, Angela called.

Jane rolled her eyes.

"What Ma?" She called in a reply.

Jane walked into the hot kitchen where her mother was making pancakes for customers who had ordered them.

"Can you get these out to the customers please. Oh and make sure you give me the clothes you want to wear for school tomorrow so i can iron them" Angela said.

Jans laughed as she took the plates full of pancakes and chocolates with strawberry and all different things.

                                ~x~

Jane was very balanced as she let her skateboard race her down the grey road. Her vans were firm against the grip and her long slender arms by her side. She pulled her black snapback roud so it was on backwards then bent down lower to push off her foot to grab more speed.

She swerved round two bollards then jumped the next curb and headed round the corner until she reached her destination. Home.

Jane headed inside hooking her skateboard to her back pack then walking into the kitchen. Back pack still with her.

She reached for the reddest apple then retrieved a bottle of water from the rather large double door fridge, sitting quietly in the corner of the kitche.

She seeped her teeth into the apple before pulling away with a juicy chunk in her mouth. Jane headed for her room.

She dropped her back and kicked off her vans then layed on her double bed looking up at the ceeling thinking of one think only. The girl from the cafe.