Chapter 3

I need to find a door!

               I've been sprinting for about thirty seconds, and I've been regretting it ever since because I am not a very athletic person, so I am sure you can see where I am going with this. I can barely breathe and I want to collapse so badly, but I'm so determined to keep these pictures! It can be revenge for what Molly and Holly have been doing to me for years now. It can ruin their relationship forever!

               I quickly turn the next corner that I see and run down the English hallway, which is a huge hallway may I add, and somehow manage to trip over someone kneeling down and getting stuff from his locker.

               My luck.

                "Sorry!" I yell as I quickly push myself off the floor and resume running, not even bothering to look at the poor soul that I landed on. Pounding foot steps are heard from behind me and as I run, I turn my head around to see that Chase is running towards me as fast as he can, as he's adjusting his belt around his waist, and he was not looking too happy.

               I turn my gaze back to my front and I feel relief flush through me when I see that the closest building exit is at the end of the hallway. I breathe more frequently, urging my body to keep moving as I pound my way down the hallway.

               "Stop!" A loud, masculine voice calls out, "I said stop, goddammit!" Faster pounding comes from behind, "You don't know what you're doing!"

               Please.

               Does he really expect me to listen? It's so useless to yell after someone who took very powerful information against you to stop. Does he really expect me to abruptly stop, turn around, give him my phone and beg for forgiveness? What is this, a Disney movie? And did he say that I didn't know what I was doing?

               Again, please.

               I don't say anything and decide to save air for a longer sprint duration— which is quite strategic, might I add.

                I finally reach the door, and I swing the handle towards me as hard as possible.

                What the—?

                It doesn't budge open, so I try pushing it instead. I keep pulling it and pushing it, glancing over at Chase frequently as I do so, but it still wouldn't open, so I turn around and make a run for it.

               Well, uhm...I tried to...

               "Not so fast," Chase says. His large hand grips my arm tightly and doesn't let me move. Instead, he turns me around and forces me to face him, and panic soars through my heart.

               "There is nothing to be scared about. All you have to do is give me the phone, and act like you didn't see anything," he says slowly and reassuringly while his brown eyes stare at mine.

               I scowl. I looked like I'm panicking, too? "No! Let me go!"

               He furrows his eyebrows together and frowns deeply. "I'm not sure you understand, but no one was supposed to see that."

               I snort. "I would assume after all of this chasing."

               He growls and gives me an evil smile. "And I'm assuming you didn't like that quite much, since you're breathing like a dog."

               Anger twitches within me.

               He smiles widely, "Don't do sports? Try track, you sprint pretty fast for a nerd."