Chapter 1

"Harls, I'm taking off! Don't forget to close up!" I shouted to my sister while grabbing my things. "Kay, how many times do I have to tell you.... I GOT THIS!!!!" She yelled back. I shook my head laughing. "Call me if you need me!" I shouted. "Yeah, Yeah" She replied. I walked out into the warm night air after a long day at the resturant and went to my car excited to get home to see if the letter from the children I sponsor is in the mail. I sponsor 2 children from Puerto Rico. I have some family from there and if the kids or their family are in need of something, I pay my family to take it to them. I am thinking about taking trip to meet them soon. It all first began when my sisters and I were talking about babies. And I began to like the idea of having to take care of  little one and only gaining their love and happiness in return. My family is huge on children. We have a pretty big family and keep growning. My oldest sister, Brittney, is married and has a 2 year old girl and is pregnant again. My other older sister, Harley, is engaged and just found out that she is pregnant. My youngest sister, Kelly, wants a child but her boyfriend does not. Myself? Well, I'm not one to settle down just yet. I run a resturant with my family and that takes most of my time. I get hit on a lot by guys, cute and not cute, but none of them have really caught my attention. My mom says I will never get married if I don't put myself out there and fall in love. Something I'm not ready to do yet. I'm still young. I'm only 22. So, being a sponsor parent has really brightened my life. As I pull up to my home I am greeted by my lovely neighbor. Please note the sarcasm. "Baker! Do you see this?" My neighbor Barbara calls out. I look around and I don't see anything. "What am I supposed to be seeing? Barbara have you taken your medicine today?" I asked as sweetly as possible. "How can you not see these LEAVES IN MY YARD?!?!?" She yells. I sigh. "Do YOU think I can control the wind or something? I'm not God! I've had a long day and I'm just ready to go to bed so can you PLEASE suck it up and shut he hell up!!" I say fed up with her. "Whatever, you're just a bitch because you're not getting any!" She hollers back. I stopped. 'Don't kill her MaKayla! You'll go to jail and it's not worth it!' I told myself. "You've got nothing to say Nun?" I turned around. "Well, excuse me if I'm not desperate enough to fuck a man the age of my grandson, you cougar!" I said full of anger. She stood there with her mouth open while I grabbed my mail and walked into my house slamming my door. The first chance I get I'm moving out of here. I have money don't get me wrong it's just that there aren't a lot of houses avaliable in the big city just mostly apartments. I plopped down on my couch and looked through my mail tossing the uninteresting ones aside. Finally I found what I've been waiting for. The letter. Except this time there were 2 letters from Puerto Rico. I know the young daughter isn't old enough to even write let alone crawl. I open the usual one from Jerden. He tries his best to write out how his day went and he drew a picture of me, him, his mom and his little sister. I fall in love more and more with him everyday. I folded the letter and put the picture in a frame. I opened the next letter and it read... 'Hello MaKayla, I know my son usually writes you but this time I am in need. I'm not sure when you will be getting this letter so I planned a head of time just incase. On Augest 1st I will be sending my chidren on a plane with a friend of mine who is visiting a relative a few states over from you. I am not able to take care of them and I know you can. You have done so much more than I ever could. I feel it is fate for you to take them. I will always be the woman who birthed them but you will forever be their mother. It honestly breaks my heart to do this but it also brings me joy to know the life that they will have with you. I would've loved to come and meet you but I cannot. The man I am currently with became very abusive when he found out that I slept with a man while I was drunk. That's how my, well your daughter was born. He wants nothing to do with her. Leiliani's birth father wants custody of her but I am signing my rights over to you. I have sent all the legal documents you will need to make them officially yours. Be safe because he is a very cold man and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Tell my children that I did this to keep them safe and that I love them with all my heart! I can never thank you enough for this MaKayla! God bless you and may He protect you! ~Maria' I quickly jumped off the couch and looked at the calender. Augest 1st??? That's 2 days away!! Oh my guacamole!! I'm going to be a mother of 2 in 2 days!!! I laid down trying to process everything. I'm going to be a mother!! I couldn't stop smiling but it quickly faded when I thought about the father coming for the kids! My kids! Bring it on baby daddy!!