The Not-So-Typical Love Story of a Teenage Ice Queen

I met Daniel officially when he and his family moved to my estate, a suburban setting with palm trees and a beachfront, thus making it the place for the elite. I had been at the place for my whole life, although, technically, I hadn’t lived there my whole life. I moved a lot especially around Asia where I picked up various skills… but you don’ care about that, do you? You want to hear about Daniel. So, I’ll tell you the details of my boring, yet not so boring life later on.

Daniel Cole was a 15-year old boy (at the time) and was one of the cutest (put in teenage girl lingo), most cynical and sweetest teenager in all of the high school that I attended just so I could make the smartest girl there look stupid. I was the 15-year old rebel, ice queen of the school. Made sense, seeing as my name is Icathia. I am the worst- in terms of behavior- and best- in terms of academics- student at my school and thus they can’t expel me, only suspend. I knew Daniel, and he knew me, but I had never interacted with him for any reason.

I remember the events of the day clearly as they were burned into my head by the headache I received as a result of my falling off my skateboard in shock. I was knocked out in an instant, but woke up in what I deduced to be his living room on what I again deduced to be their couch with his face above me. The room was very minimalist and chic with soft blue hues and I fell I love with it immediately. It was much better than the empty living room in my house, due to lack of people that actually cared about me.

I sat up as he handed me a cold compress to press against the bump at the back of my head and took it gratefully. I pressed it against the back of my head and looked around without looking at him once. I was suddenly conscious of what I was wearing- black shorts, knee-high Converse and a purple tank top. I accidentally caught his eye and noticed that he had probably been looking at me for a while now.

I was about to hand him the compress, but his mother came in and I stopped myself from running. I noticed that she was dressed in a sort of suburban gypsy way with hoop earrings, a white Versace jacket, a tank top and a flowing gypsy skirt. She had colorful bangles running up and down her left wrist and a small tattoo on her right. She smiled at me and then frowned slightly. I noticed Daniel waving his arms (which were well-muscled for a teenage boy) in a cut-it-out motion ‘You guys are sitting too far apart. Just get over yourselves and kiss already’ she said.

When she said the words, everything went into ice queen mode and with as much ice as I could muster, I said ‘Goodnight.’ I saw Daniel flinch behind me and then I got up to face him. I cleared my eyes from their white and said ‘Thank you.’ Then I swept out in a flurry of embarrassment and confusion at my feelings for this boy you could definitely say was hot.

That was the beginning of a bond between me and the boy who I soon realized was not going to ditch me anytime soon.