Chapter 16

Hakyeon have been thinking for a few days of whether to leave Brampton or not but after receiving Amelia's letter, he finally made up his mind.

'Here's your tea. Careful it's hot.' Ken brought Hakyeon the porcelain cup.

'I should've gotten it myself.' Hakyeon felt apologetic for making Ken, who was walking with a cane to serve him the drink.

'Don't worry about me. You're a guest here and I should serve it to you. The more you help me because of my situation, the more useless it makes me feel.' Ken smiled to reassure Hakyeon that he was doing alright.

'Does it hurt? Your legs...'

'Not anymore. The wounds have already healed up and the doctor have already removed all of the stitches. It's just a bit... unsettling to look at. Haha...'

Hakyeon shivered at the thought but seeing as how Ken was holding up alone despite going through so much awful memories and pain, Hakyeon knew that pity was the last thing Ken would want.

'So what did you want to talk to me about?' Ken asked.

'That's right. About Leo's investigation... how is it going? Have you heard any news about it?'

'... Just a bit but don't worry. I got a bit too hot headed awhile back with Ravi but he isn't a bad person. He has a lot on his plates to handle as well and he believes that Leo is innocent just like us. But we need proof first.'

'I see. You trust this Ravi person a lot don't you?'

'Not me. Leo was the one who trusted him the most during the war and my cousin has always been good at judging people so if he trusts Ravi, so will I.'

'That's a relief. Ken, I'm thinking of going on a journey.'

'A journey?'

Hakyeon nodded.

'Mhmm. So much as happened these past couple of weeks after your return and my mind has been all over the place. I think I need some time to relax, to think and to move on. That box that you gave me, the one that Leo left behind, inside were a variety of flowers he found for me during his journey over the past six years. I want to revisit those places he went to. There were some species of flowers I have never seen before and I want to study them.'

'That sounds like a great idea. I agree that too much has happened lately as well. Even I want to take a break but there's still a few matters I must attend to first. When are you leaving though?'

'Most likely next week. I had planned to go on the journey for a while now but after hearing the news about Leo's passing but then, the whole investigation thing... I got worried and felt bad about leaving so suddenly. But it isn't as if I can help either even if I chose to stay...'

'Don't worry about it. Ravi and I will figure everything out and keep you posted. We can exchange letters or telegrams during your journey. I promise you that I will definitely get to the bottom of this whole mess and clear Leo's name.'

* * * * * *

Hakyeon looked at his room one last time before he finished packing up his belongings. There wasn't really much to pack in the first place. Only his sketchbooks, a few drawing supplies and a set of clean clothes to change into.

This room was where all his dreams were made and drawn. Dreams that he hid for so long in this single small space but it was comfortable and he felt the most free to express himself. But now, he finally made plans to venture out and discover the world with his very own eyes.

Maybe there's something out there in the world waiting for him to discover it?

He bid his mother farewell one last time and asked Minhyuk and Hyuk to help look after her while he was away.