Chapter 4

Maya's prov

I drove for the next three hours straight, blasting Five Finger Death Punch and Limp Bizkit. I slowed down as soon that I hit Portland, Oregon. As I navigated the metropolitan part of town, getting closer to my destination.

When I got to Monroe's neighborhood, I realised how "Cookie Cutter" everything looked.

"Gosh Monroe, why do you live in this boring place?" I asked myself quietly. I noted that there was no place to run to, besides the forest across the street, to get way from people. With all that I have experienced with my family, I get a lot of panic attacks. They mostly accrue around men, as my abusers were male.

I pulled over to the side of the road to look at my phone, looking through the messages that Roe sent, looking for his address. Once I found the message that held the information of my brothers address, I pulled back on to the road, looking for 418 Ravens View Drive, Portland, Oregon.

I pulled up to the front of his blue-gray, two story house with a manicured lawn. I could tell that he was home because I saw his rusted, white Volkswagen beetle, but I also saw a light blue fiat, I wasn't able to see what model it was.

I parked behind the Volkswagen and walked up the sidewalk towards Roes front door. I reached the steps on his front porch and took a deep breath, walked up the stairs and knocked on his front door.

"Who is it?" I heard a females voice come threw the door.

"Um... I'm looking for Monroe." I called back. I heard something a kin to an elephant charging a lion.

"Maya, you're here!" I heard Monroe's as I saw him through open the door and practically tackle me into a hug.