[05]

WITH SEVEN AM BREEZING TOWARDS HER, ANEX HAD TO EXTRACT HERSELF FROM THE CANINE AND BACK TO THE CASTLE. She returned without any of her animal companions, turning for a moment when she reached the top of the marble steps to glance over at the Whomping Willow to see nothing but the violent tree by itself.

By the time she had gotten back through the passageway and into The Great Hall, the tables were cluttered with food and drinks alike nd the benches were steadily becoming crowded.

Titus was sitting alone, a cup of what Anex could only assume was tea in one hand and a Potions book in the other. Titus had always been naturally gifted in Potions which had led to him quickly becoming Professor Snape's favourite, only second to Draco Malfoy. Anex had to always been a bit confused as to why Titus never abused this power like Draco seemed to but of course sugar-bowl Titus would never break the rules no matter how hard Anex attempted to egg him on.

Titus lifted his head up slightly from his book and blinked at Anex who had just sat next to him. "Leer and Willow are looking for you," He stated dryly, pushing his glasses that he only ever used for reading further up his nose. "Apparently you vanished from the dorm rooms before they were even awake."

"Leer was snoring, again," Anex answered plainly and Titus seemed to understand everything unspoken about her statement as he nodded and went back to his book.

Anex made quick work of grabbing the nearest canister of coffee and poured herself a satisfyingly large mug full. She lifted the cup upwards and inhaled deeply, shivering happily at the delightful smell.

Titus scoffed at her, "You're like an addict."

But Anex didn't reply, she was too busy downing the cup and relishing in the burning sensation the scalding beverage left on her throat. After pouring herself another mug, Anex reached over for a scone and then began to slather it in butter, cream and strawberry jam. Anex was on her second scone and halfway through her third cup of coffee when Draco arrived in The Great Hall, accompanied by his posse that included the likes of Leer, Willow and Pansy Parkinson.

They took up residence not too far down the table from herself and Titus, who didn't even seem to notice their arrival. Anex had to stop herself from gouging out their eyeballs as their idiotic, boastful chatter began to take up ever space of silence that had ever remained in the hall.

Draco was retelling the events of the train in a very animated fashion that made Anex roll her eyes. Just as Draco was getting to the particularly 'dramatic' part, Harry, Hermione and Ron decided to make an appearance. Draco's performance seemed to somehow become even more dramatic as he swooned and all of his mindless goons cackled loudly.

"Hey, Potter! Potter! The dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooooooo!" Pansy squawked while performing some sort of ludicrous gesture.

Anex glared at her fiercely, voice sharp and grating, "Shut it, Parkinson."

Pansy seemed close to death as she cowered under the hard stare of the Silvertongue whose deadly gaze only let up when their time schedules were handed out. She had a few extra classes than the year before though not even close to the amount she would have wanted as Deltris had refused to give her a Time-Turner even after she had explicitly asked for one for her Birthday. Deltris' defence was that it would be too much for Anex to handle and there was also the small detail that Professor Snape would not allow it.

But the multiple cups of coffee Anex had consumed had put her in a much better mood as she walked alongside Titus to their first class of Transfiguration that was taught by Gryffindor Head of House. Professor McGonagall was much more pleasant to the students of Slytherin than Snape was to Gryffindors but that didn't mean she was extremely cosy with them either.