Chapter 12

—Vivian—

I've been in my apartment for the whole day. I wasn't avoiding Richard. I just had to get these sketches done. And I have to go buy fabric. And buy food.

Speaking of food, I was starving. I haven't had anything to eat since, well, last night. I got up and stretched from my cramped position. That chair was really uncomfortable. I rubbed behind my back and glared at the chair. Stupid chair.

I made my way to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Let's see. Oranges, milk, and celery. I'm going to go with the oranges. I never really liked milk and celery was celery. Enough said. I got out the cutting board and a knife. I was slicing it up when my cell rang. Crap, my hands were covered in orange juice. Not orange juice orange juice but you know the orange's juice. Yeah...

I washed my sticky fingers and ran back to my desk. I heard the phone ringing, but all the piles of paper was hiding it. The phone suddenly stopped. Seriously? I was about to walk back out the room when it started ringing again. I was ready this time. 

I dashed back to the desk and threw the papers around till I found it. Problem is: I didn't find it. I wanted to pull my hair out. But when I listened closer, it was at the desk. Just not on top of it. I opened the drawer filled with my sowing kits and there it was.

"Hello?" I said out of breath.

"You ok over there?"

"Rich? Yeah, I'm fine. I just had a minor situation with my cellphone."

"Lost it again, huh?" He chuckled.

"I did not lose it, Richard. As you can probably tell I'm speaking to you on it now." I argued.

"Whatever you say, Einstein. Now open the door."

"And why would I do that?" I asked.

"Because I'm on the other side, Viv." He said obviously. "Just open the damn thing."

"Okay, Mr. Grumpy Pants."I muttered as I hung up.

I walked to the door and checked through the peep hole just to be sure. Yep, it was him.

"What do you want?"

"Ouch, no greet. That's not very polite. You've been holed up all day. Thought I'd bring some grub." He said holding up the containers of Chinese food.

"Why didn't you say so? Come on in!"

He laughed and gladly came in.

"Oh, keep the door open." He said as he set the containers down.

"Wh-" I was about to protest.

"Richard, can you help me with my suitcase?"

You've got to be shitting me. I turned around and just stared.

"What are you doing here?" We both asked at the same time.

What the hell is going on? "Alise, you remember Vivian. I thought we could all bond."

I am going to kill Rich. "You know what? Tonight's not a good night. I have all this work to do."

"You haven't eaten, Viv. We're staying." He said strictly.

"Well, if Richard stays, I stay." Alise said triumphantly as she took a seat on the couch.

Lord, give me strength. So I can choke the hell out of this woman. No, maybe I should keep the hell in her. That way she can be like the Devil's mistress or something I snickered to myself. I'm sure he wouldn't want her either.