Chapter 4

Winnie walked down the sidewalks of the french quarter right after exiting the compound. The girl was fuming with anger at not just Marcel, but Rebekah, and Niklaus. Klaus, well, Klaus was just being the insufferable maniac that he was. New Orleans was her home too, until she was pushed away and he gets to act all high and mighty if it meant that he was just the slightest bit happy at the cost of someone elses. She could hear The sound of fighting from the compound. Her thoughts overwhelmed her as she desperately wanted to go back and help.

"Its not your fight..." Winnie told herself before walking away.

-

"Have you gone completely mad?"

"I had to do what was done."

"You mean you had to murder half of the vampire population in New Orleans?"

"What was I supposed to do? Allow them to lock me away?"

"No, Niklaus. You could've figured out something else. You killed so many people! Just so you can try to rule a single city. Something is seriously wrong with you,Nik." Winnie exclaimed angrily as she finished her glass of unknown alcohols.

"And what are you doing? Here in New Orleans. Why did you come back? Or better yet, Why are you still here, now you have nothing holding you back, You and Marcel are done, Right?"

"Yeah" She said, calmer than before. "I guess... Maybe I'm bored. Not many interesting things happen in places other than Mystic Falls and here. Its kinda depressing really."

"Well. As long as you're out of my way. I don't care what you do here now. Goodbye, Winnie." Niklaus stood up and started walk away.

"Niklaus." Winnie said simply, causing the man to turn around, a curious look on his face.

"You missed me, didn't you?" She said chuckling. He rolled his eyes, walking away

-

"Rebekah come on! Im not getting younger here." Winnie shouted up the steps.

"Calm yourself, Win." Rebekah replied as she walked down the stairs, chuckling at the girl with a frown on her face.

"Stop calling me that. It sounds stupid." Winnie sighed. Both girls headed out of the large house and looked into the fields in front of them. "Lets go to the apple tree." The younger girl suggested. The apple tree had stood to the far right of the field. It had been planted way before Winnie had been born. Elijah had been kind enough to show her the beautiful tree a while back and ever since she had loved to sit under it. The tree was quite extraordinary, it stood taller than most of the trees, the apples would always taste delicious. Winnie and the Mikaelsons all wrote their initials on the tree. Elijah highest upon the tree and Winnie at the bottom.

Winnie and Rebekah walked to the tree, each grabbing an apple and biting into it.

"So how have you and Marcel been?" Winnie asked.

"Not that great. Niklaus simply cant get over the fact that I like him and is holding a gigantic grudge against him. But you knew that already so, you and Joshua?" Rebekah answered than changed the subject.

"I don't like him. He's too... boring. No imagination or adventure to him whatsoever. He wont even read a single book I recommend. No taste, quite dissapointing, he has a bit of good looks. Even if I did have feelings for him, what are the chances it would last long?" Winnie sighed. Rebekah opened her mouth to object but she knew that the human was right. Huffing in defeat, the blonde threw her apple core farther into the trees, and held her hand out.

"We are going to the ball tonight. No matter how much Nik and Elijah object. You need fun."

"I-I don't think we should..."

"We are going." Rebekah insisted.