Chapter 3

{1

{1.07}

"I know you slept with Rebekah before I came to the compound last night." Winnie sat on the edge of the bed, putting her shoes on.

"Tha-that was nothing." Marcel said looking at her, leaning on his palm.

"I'm really hoping it was nothing. Maybe just goodbye sex. Because I could get over that. But if it meant something to you, that'd really hurt my feelings." Winnie sighed getting up and grabbing her phone off the bedside table.

"Trust me, it meant nothing." Marcel told her. The girl walked to his side of the bed and gave him a quick kiss.

"Listen, I believe you because I'm quite fond of you, don't make me regret trusting you alright?" Winnie said, walking out.

"But wait, let me tell you, I don't have Hayley." Marcel spoke up before she was out of earshot, causing her to run back to him.

"You let me believe you did!" She crossed her arms disappointed.

"I didn't want you to worry."

"Worry? Worry? I have nothing to be worried about, me and Hayley are not close, I don't care about that baby, Hayley or any of them."  Winnie sighed. "You suck.." She pouted, walking out  of the compound.

-

"Dear Rebekah,

I remember the times in which we would weave the beautiful flowers into crowns together. The days we'd sit under the apple trees together, laughing at the humans who'd walk by, unknowing of the danger that was close near. I'm writing this letter to you in hopes that your love for that foolish boy, Marcellus, has not gotten you into anymore trouble by Niklaus. Please write back, Becks, everything's gone to hell.

Love,

Winnie"

Winnie smiled at the old,tattered piece of parchment in her hand. A light laugh escaped her mouth at her own wording. Back then, Winnie had been human, not damaged by anything, not hurt by anyone. She had known what the Mikaelson's were, yet she did not fear them. Little did the younger Winnie know, that Rebekah was daggered in a coffin, just so Marcellus could become a vampire. Of course she was ashamed at the mans choices at the time once she had found out by the noble Elijah. She had become nearly depressed, as Rebekah had been her only friend at the time.

"What are you doing in dear Rebekah's room?" Klaus interrupted the girls thoughts as he leaned against the doorframe, causing her to turn around quickly.

"Why, Hello, Niklaus, You remember me don't you?" Winnie grinned.

"Of course I do, and that makes me wonder how Rebekah doesn't remember you. But my biggest priority is finding Hayley, maybe you know something about the situation." Klaus interrogated her.

"I know nothing of the sort. Best be off to find the mother of your chi-" Winnie wasn't allowed to finish her sentence before she was pinned against the wall by her throat.

"I don't know what your doing here in New Orleans but I don't like you, nor trust you. So I suggest that you stay out of my sight or I'll be the last face you ever see." Klaus growled. Winnie tried to pry his hand from her neck as she gasped for air.

"Fine!" She rasped out. Klaus dropped his hand from her throat, grinning at the girls agreement before speeding out.

-

Winnie stomped up to Marcel, bourbon in hand. "Do you love Rebekah?" She asked, causing him to turn suddenly.

"What?" Marcel raised an eyebrow.

"You love her don't you. Just like back in the old days? Do the Mikaelson's get to steal something I love once again?" Winnie asked, seeming extremely distraught.

"Winnie, I think you're drunk... calm down."

"You think I don't see it? When I mentioned her you seemed to nearly melt at the idea of her. Do you still love her?" The girl ranted on, becoming emotional with the influence of alcohol.

"Im using her to get to Klaus."

"Answer me Marcel. I don't give a damn what you're using her for. You can be planning to kill her for all I care, but that does not mean that you don't love her." Winnie walked closer to him poking at his chest, the stench of bourbon resting on her words. Silence fell over the both of them.

"Answer me!" She shouted.

"You do.Dammit Marcel! She stole you from me. Last time, I loved her too much to not let her be with you... she was like a sister to me.Ugh!" Winnie became angrier and turned away to leave.

"I don't love her!" Marcel defended himself.The girl spun back around.

"Marcellus Gerard. At least have the decency to not lie to me. When it all turns to shit with her, I'll just laugh and say I told you so" She cried, in her mind she was completely and utterly pissed at herself for being so emotional. To protect herself from her own emotions she sped away.

This chapter was just to get to Winnie and Marcel.More stuff with plot will come next chapter.