Chapter 31

Hey hey hey! :)

Soooo yeah! I got a lot of great feedback on the last chapter. Everyone's excited that at least one of them admitted their feelings. I am too! :)

I really hate how long it is between uploads. I am trying my best to write more and upload new chapters faster. But school is on overload right now and is taking up a LOT of time. Plus family stuff, work, and church! So I'm pretty busy. 

Have you checked out my new story yet? It's called "Coming Together". I had a new idea and decided to try it out. Go read it and let me know what you think! Should I delete it or should I keep going on it? Don't worry, though. I'm not going to give up on this story. I hate unfinished-ness, so this story will definitely keep going until it's over. But I'm gonna be working on the new one too. :) I wanna know your thoughts!! 

Here's Chapter 31! Enjoy!! :D

*****

Katy's POV

I floated around for the rest of the evening and for the next few weeks, not really focused on anything. I didn't say much to Jordan, and he didn't pressure me. Carter had started work, so I had the house to myself pretty much all the time while he and my husband were off at work. When they were at home, I let the conversation flow between them, only adding my two cents when necessary.

Every once in awhile, I would catch Jordan giving me a look, but I would look away quickly. I did not know if he knew I felt the same way about him. I was one hundred and ten percent sure that I was in love with him. I loved him more every day. But I didn't want to say the words "I love you" just yet.

For me, saying "I love you" would be like saying "I trust you completely" or "I'm your's", and I wasn't ready to be that vulnerable. I guess, in a way, I had some trust issues that stemmed from the relationships I'd had with my family over the years. I knew deep down that Jordan had meant what he'd said when he said "I love you" -- and the other seven times he'd said it to me in the past six weeks. (Yes, I counted. Don't judge me! I'm a girl. What can I say? That's just how I am.) And I also knew that he would never intentionally do anything to hurt me. I just could not bring myself to tell him that I felt the same way about him. 

Because Carter was still living with us, Jordan and I were still sleeping in the same room. At night, one of us would always go to bed before the other. It was intentional on my part--I'm not so sure about Jordan, or if he was just being extra careful with me. There were times in the middle of the night when I would awake, cuddled up against Jordan's side, or his arm being slung over me. I wouldn't let myself relish in the feeling for too much time before I would extricate myself and scoot to the far side of the bed.

But other than the necessary conversation about going to church on Sundays and having dinner afterwards with the Halls, what we were having for dinner, or the "Hey, how was your day?" thing, and some occasional teasing, Jordan and I didn't talk much. If I were in his shoes, I would probably be going crazy. But he was sweet about it, and never seemed irritated with me. I would carry on normal conversations with Carter, and Jordan would just sit quietly in the background, watching me and listening to us talk. I swear, I couldn't ask for a better guy. He was just so.....perfect!