Rich Boy

This chapter is all about Joseph.

Joseph POV

"Yo Joseph, what the hell did you do?" my friend Derek yelled at me as we were walking to our room.

"Derek, I got you a date tonight so I dont know what your problem is. On the plane you were saying how her friend was cute. So you're welcome." I laughed putting the key in the lock and opening the door. "Now what would Kelsey think of this? he asked raising his eyebrow.

"Kelsey is never going to find out, besides she probably at the country club with her snobby ass friends. I've been with Kelsey for two and a half years now, Its not like I'm cheating all I'm doing is just taking a girl out for her birthday. Trying make up for spilling coffee on her and then splashing her. So I'm just being a gentleman." I told him

 "Yeah right a gentleman, you and I both know you're feeling this girl. The guy on the plane notice and thats why he called you out! It's cool though because I never liked Kelsey and I dont understand why you are even with her-

My phone started ringing interruppting him. We both looked at my phone "Speak of the devil" he mumbled.

"Hey Kelsey, hows the barbecue going? I asked her

 "Its going well Joseph, if only my finace was here so I wouldn't look so lonely." she sighed

 "You'll be fine, it can't be that bad" she was starting to get on my nerves and it hasn't even been 5 mins.

"When will you be getting home?" 

"In 4 days." I said

"Great! Oh and our parents want us to have dinner as a family when you get back." she squealed in my ear.

"Okay, well I got to go Derek is choking on water" I lied and Derek just started laughing, then quickly hanging up. "Wow" he said shaking his head. "Look I have no problem talking to her, but she just gets so annoying so quickly" I explained 

"Then why are you engaged to her?" 

"Its a long story I do care for the girl, but if it weren't for my parents then I wouldn't be with her. I do love and care about her, but its just hard to explain"  I sighed laying back down on my bed resting my hands under my head.

*Flashback*

"Joseph come in here son" my dad said. "Yeah dad?" walking into his office closing the door and taking a seat. "What do you think of Mr. Andrew's daughter?" he asked him. "She's alright, kind of snobby not really my type. Why you ask?"

"Well son she's going to have to be your type, Mr. Andrew is offering his daughter as pease treaty and  way a to make more money, he wants to merge. Plus with this merger you will get a wife, and this will make our family rich. I realize we are wealthy, but I'm talking about millionare status." He walked over to the front of his desk and lean against it. I could not believe this was happening this is my third year in college, I'm graduating next year. I dont want to be tied down to some girl till the merger happens. Why do I even have to marry the girl?

"Why do I have to marry her to make this merge happen?" I asked him

"The marriege will make everything offical, plus since both of our companies are worth a lot this would   end our rivarly going on and become a mega corporation. Mr. Andrew pitched the idea to me and I liked it, beside with being millionares I could retire early. You would run the company being an heir from my company and being a heir from his company by marriage since he has no sons. So I'd say this is a win, win right?" he smiled and got off his desk. I mean the girl is beautiful she has greenish blue eyes and long brunette hair, great slim body. It's just her personality wasn't something that I wanted to deal with, she was a spoiled brat and thought people outside of our country club were below us. 

"Dont disappoint us son, you have a date with her tonight so be on your best behavior." he said smiling with a hint of something in his eyes but I just couldn't put a meaning to it. I got up from the seat and walked out of his office. I couldn't believe this was happening, when is my father going to butt out of my life. Even for Kelsey does she even want to marry me or is she just doing this all for her dad too. He knows I don't want to run the company, but yet he arranges it so I end up having to. I might as well go on this date, I doubt my day could get any worse.

* End of Flashback*

____________________

So this chapter was all about Joseph, I wanted to give you all little info bout him and his background. I'm not trying to give to much info because more will secrets will unfold soon. Next chapter is when things start heating up!! ;)

3 COMMENTS and at least 4 VOTES and I'll post the next chapter tomorrow or night!