two

What's happening to me?

      The world was spinning as I ran out of class, yet somehow I managed to keep my feet moving, far away from Vincent.

      Vincent.

      His name alone made the world spin faster, as my head began to pound uncontrollably. I could feel my brain pulsing within my skull, pushing against the bones to be set free.

      "AH!" I screamed in pain, clutching my chest as the pain from my head seemed to spread to my chest, making the muscle within race at an alarmingly fast pace within me.

      I had to get out of here.

      It's like my body had a mind of its own as I found my way outside of the school, the cold, January air biting into my flesh; But that alone managed to make the chaos within me come to a screeching halt as only one thing remained on my mind.

      Run.

      This isn't the first time I've chosen to run from my problems, rather than to face them. Although this may be the case, I figured I might have learned better since the last time I decided to do this same exact thing... Yet I just couldn't find it within me to care about any of this.

      I needed to run, to get away from that school, and it's all because of him.

      Seeing him; it did something to me, and I'm not exactly sure what the hell that was. The second our hands touched, I just felt this surge of power, and it's like something inside of me just turned on.

      A part of me, dare I say it, wants him. It only took the fleeting brush of our hands to ignite this yearning inside of me that still existed within me in this exact moment of time. But how is that rational? Vincent and I -- we certainly won't be a good fit for one another. Still, the question remains; How can I possibly want someone who, in the past, has shown that he has no regard for others, who doesn't hesitate to hurt, who is capable of so much pain because of his temper? How can I possibly want someone who everyone is afraid of -- who I am afraid of?

      It just doesn't make sense.

      How can this happen, and of all people, why did it have to happen to me?

      The world sped by me, a blur of brown and green as I immersed myself further and further into the forest. The trees surrounded me completely, and I've never felt so free.

      I could breathe out here, and much more than that. I could be who I was meant to be.

******

      He had to hold it in, the growl he was sure would scare the life out of her friend who now awkwardly stood beside him.

      How could he be so dumb as to expect her to accept him?

      He, of all people, should've known better -- that a human, like her, could never understand the power of the mate bond. Still, he is an alpha, and alpha's don't like to be denied of what they want; she did just that when she ran away from him, her mate.

      His wolf was itching to be set free, to go out and find their mate and claim her as theirs once and for all, but he knew better than that. Instead, he simply shoved her pen inside his pocket before walking out of the room, stalking over to the one person he knew could help him in this situation.