one

It's taken control of my life.

Everytime I close my eyes, all I can see is it's face. The literal textbook definition of a monster; it towers over me, amber eyes ablaze, and a set of jaws that can tear any living being to shreds in a matter of seconds.

Yet, it's eyes are always focused on me.

I'm just this tiny girl before it, and it knows that it has this power and control over me, because every single time, it opens its mouth and just rips --

"Senna!"

I jumped as the locker in front of me suddenly closed, revealing a rather angry Elsie. "Are you even paying attention to me?!"

I blinked at her, my eyes scanning my surroundings briefly before turning back to her, a smile on my face. "I'm sorry, Elsie, I've just been a little... preoccupied lately."

Her chocolate eyes narrowed on my figure, eyeing me quickly up and down before letting out a soft sigh, her hard exterior melting before me. "It's okay, it's just no one else will listen to me talk about this amazing guy. I seriously need you to understand how gorgeous this guy is and that he's the biggest sweetheart! He took me out to this fancy restaurant, then we went back to his place and we --"

"Gross, Els, I don't want to know what happened when you went back to his place," I quickly cut her off, scrunching up my nose at the mere thought of her getting it on with this mystery guy she's been gushing about.

"Senna, no, that is not what happened; I had only just met the guy three days before!" Elsie gaped at me, slapping my arm harshly as I laughed.

"I know, I know, I was joking!"

Elsie, however, failed to see the humor in my little joke as she stomped away from me, making various students jump out of her path as she passed by. So, with Elsie being, well, Elsie, I simply rolled my eyes, suppressing my laughter as I followed her down the hall towards our economics class.

******

Today started as any normal day would -- simply because it was supposed to be any normal day. However, something in the air just seemed different, and he did not fail to notice it as he walked into school that day.

Every single fiber of his body was on edge, staying alert of everything that seemed to be going on around him; Yet he couldn't seem to figure out why.

He was hardly able to pay attention to anything, let alone the rambling of his beta, Simon.

"Simon, would you just shut up for a minute?" Vincent snapped, his icy blue eyes set ablaze as he turned to face him. He attempted to dial the combination of his locker, but he just couldn't seem to focus on the tiny numbers on the lock.