Chapter eighteen: An additional conception

Chapter 18:

I tied the mask around my face and placed the hood over my head. The mask had tiny invisible holes that gave me the ability to breathe. The mask and hood was white with a black outline. Placing the hood and mask on me, made me feel ethereal. I was wearing a black jacket with a long skirt that fluttered around my feet.

Gin and Tosen were now captains of their own. Tosen was the captain of the ninth suad and Gin was the captain of the third. Renji was out into the fifth division under Aizen. I didn’t approve but I kept silent. Gin told me that Renji was rebellious, and didn’t follow Aizen’s orders. I didn’t say anything to this, but inside I was glowing with pride. I don’t trust Aizen or Tosen. I don’t trust Gin anymore either. It was something about the mask and hood that turned me independent.

After Aizen, Gin and Tosen had rescued me, I had fled to Rukongai. They’d visit me daily to see if I was all right. I didn’t wander anywhere, in hopes that attention won’t be drawn towards me. I was strolling in Rukongai. Tall trees towered above me but they seemed so defenceless. The sky above me was filled with clouds, as though it was about to rain. A small white cabbage butterfly, a monshirochou, fluttered its wings, circling above my head.

Aizen, Gin and Tosen appeared above me, causing me to halt in my steps.

“Come with us. We are going to visit Hueco Mundo,” Aizen told me.

“All right.” Suddenly a hole unzipped in the sky, tearing the dimensional fabric that separated the worlds. We flash-stepped to it and stepped in the hole. We walked through the dangai. The dangai was an isolated space. It was a dense tunnel with uneven walls. I heard that one hour passes in outside worlds, an equivalent of 2,000 hours pass inside the Dangai. There was basically no light and we were using our senses to make our way to the other side of the Dangai.

We arrived to a seemingly never-ending white desert with dunes. Occasionally, you would see a shrivelled tree or a boulder. It was night and the sky was lit by a half moon. Ahead of us was a huge staircase with a figure. As we got closer, a skeletal figure sitting on a throne, that was made of bones. He wore a crown and an enormous puple cloak. A large hollow came charging at Aizen. Tosen stepped in and killed it effortlessly.

“We’ve never met before. Are you the king of Hueco Mundo?” Aizen asked the skeletal figure.

“Yes I am, how are you people?” it asked. “You have no mask, which means it’s obvious that you are not hollows. Are you humans or shinigamis?”

None of us answered. “I have very little care about what you are,” he stated. “If it wasn’t for your arrival, I would’ve split my army in two and made them kill each other.” I didn’t flinch when he said this, although I thought that this was just barbaric of the man.

His empty eyes, stared me down. He then pointed a finger at me. “Why are you wearing that mask and hood?” I didn’t answer.

“Answer me,” he commanded.

“I have my reasons,” I said coldly.

“Hmmm. My name is Baraggan  Louisenbairn. I welcome you to my palace of Las Noches.” He gestured to the area around us. I was confused to my part, but I kept quiet.

“It is interesting that that you call this a palace, a palace with no walls or ceilings. Is this a joke on your part?” Tosen asked.

“I have no need for a celing, as I am king and the very sky of Hueco Mundo was the roof of his palace.”

Aizen unsheathed his zanpakuto. “Take a look at my sword. Its name is Kyoka Suigetsu.” He held it up so that we could all see.

“What are you doing?” Baragan questioned.