Chapter 16

Maya-

I’m not quite sure why I’m writing this. I guess it’s because I needed a way to say goodbye, no matter how ridiculous it is. I needed a way to write down how I’m feeling, even if nobody will ever read this. Even if it’ll just sink to the bottom of the river. Or maybe you will read it. I’ll never know. Anyways, what I’m trying to say is, I’m sorry.

I’m sorry, Maya. I’m sorry I never looked closer at you, I’m sorry I never noticed how badly you were hurting. I’m sorry I dated Katherine. I see now how horrible she was, and I wish I would have looked past the surface before you died. I’m sorry I never got the chance to help you. I’m sorry I never got to tell you how much I love you. I’m sorry I never got the chance to say goodbye.

But those aren’t the only reasons that I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you couldn’t see how amazing you really are. I’m sorry that you couldn’t see how many people loved you, how many people would have helped you, had you just spoken out. Why didn’t you talk to me, Maya? I would have helped you. I would have protected you. I would have been there for you, if you had only said the word. I’m sorry you weren’t brave enough. I’m sorry you had to go through that. I hope you don’t blame me, and I’ll try not to blame you.

Now I’m rambling. I wish I knew how to end this, but I there’s a part of me that doesn’t want to forget you. But I have to move on. You know that right? I have to forget, or I’ll never be happy. And I know you’d want me to be happy. So now, I’m letting go. I wish I didn’t have to stop writing, because that means the end of our last goodbye. But I do.

I’m sorry, Maya. I think I finally understand how much.

With love, Stefan.

Best friends forever.

Xoxo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO WAY.

I just finished my second book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I can’t believe it’s done. J My goodness. Now, it needs editing, so please if you see any mistakes, tell me. Please comment! This is the last chapter. If you’ve been reading, please tell. I’ll definitely be giving out dedications to new people who comment. J Thanks so much to my regular commenters, BluePendragon and Lancelot777. You guys rock. Thanks a bunch to my friends, who I’m pretty sure are reading this. You guys rock too. Any comments, ideas, concerns, or edits, please tell them to me. If you liked it, please comment, vote, fan, and tell your friends and fans about the book. You guys are the best. Thanks so much. J