Chapter 2: Birth and Death; Clary has a Boyfriend!

"I'm hooooome!" A fourteen year old Clary sang as she skipped through the door.

"Welcome back!" Minato called from the other room.

"I brought Kakashi with me!" Both walked into the room, Clary with a large smile, Kakashi... just kinda there. She looked to her brother then to her sissy who both had wide smiles for her and her friend. But there was an extra person in the room that soon caught her attention and made her eyes go wide. "Yay! Pervy sage!" Everyone laughed as little Clary  jumped over the table and tackled Jiraiya to the ground, nuzzling his face with her own.

He blushed madly and hugged her back just as energetically. "Clary, Clary! Look at how you've grown! So pretty too!"

Kushina knocked him over the head. "Don't even think about it!"

Clary sprang up and lightly poked Kushina's swollen belly. "Hi Naruto." She said with a joyful voice. It was no surprise that the little ninja was one of the most excited people to meet the baby, and with the due date being tomorrow she was over the moon excited and couldn't sit still for a moment. Not that she could anyway.

"Do you think he can hear you?" Kakashi asked coming up behind her.

"Yeah he can! Check it out!" She placed his hand on Kushina's belly.

"Oh not this again." She said with a laugh.

"It's so weird!" Clary gushed.

"What's this about?" Jiraiya asked.

Minato looked up to his old sensei. "Clary found out that when she sings a certain lullaby the baby kicks."

"Feel." He nodded and stepped over to place his hand on Kushina's belly as well. "Baby of mine, don't you cry. Baby of mine, dry your eyes. Rest your head close to my heart, never to part, baby of mine."

Both men jumped a little when the little pop of the baby kicking hit their hands. Jiraiya grinned wildly and whistled, impressed. "Now that's a smart kid!"

"I must say, it's strange. Does he only do that to that song?" Kakashi asked, turning to Clary.

"So far. He really likes that one though." A loud growling sound resounded around the room causing Minato and Kakashi to place their hands near their weapons. But then Clary put her hands on her stomach and gave a sheepish grin. "I'm hungry." And everyone sweat dropped as Minato got up and headed for the kitchen.

"Alright I get it." He said.

Jiraiya got up as well. "I should head out too."

"What?! Already?!" Clary whined. He took one look at her pouting face and was over come with a sense of kawaii and crushed her in a hug.

"Don't be saddened Clary Berry! I'll come back soon and bring you a box of the sweetest candy I can find!"

Kushina hit him upside the head again. "She's fourteen! Stop treating her like a baby!"

Clary waved goodbye to Jiraiya and stepped back into the house, unclipping her ANBU vest and sat at the table with Kakashi who was looking over their mission report. She slapped her hand down on the report and smiled at her friends exasperated gaze. "Quit working ya stiff. We have until tomorrow to finish that and turn it in. Kick back and relax already."

"I have a bad feeling that if I listen to you, this won't get done at all." Kakashi plainly stated.

Clary gently snaked her arms around Kakashi from behind and pressed her lips to his clothed cheek, earning a short gasp from her long time friend and teammate. She pressed her nose into his neck and tightened her hold around him. It hadn't been but a week since Kakashi had asked Clary to be his girlfriend but already she was finding ways to torture him. To her it was all fun and games and she was always victorious. Kakashi let out a defeated sigh and proceeded to put away the paper work. "Yay." Was her victory remark.