Seeing Spirits Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Ethan's pov

I was talking to some of the kids when I noticed Jessie walk by.

She looked really bad plus she wouldn't look at me.

She had dark circles under her eyes and they were bloodshot read. She looked really sad and I wanted nothing more but to go over there and pull her into a hug and tell her how sorry I was for not being there for her.

I sighed and turned my attention back to the guys from the foot ball team and said "Hey guys I'll talk to you later ok?"

They nodded and I headed to my homeroom. I wasn't too happy because I had it with Jessie and I couldn't stand to see her like that.

Sighing I walked in to see Jessie with her head on the desk and I could see her body shaking from where I stood at the door.

I sat down towards the front of the room doing my best to not look at Jessie bu sadly I failed.

She was shaking really bad and whatever happened to her last night was really traumatizing her.

I faced the front of the room and stayed like that the rest of the period.

When the bell rang, signaling to go to first Jessie lifted her head and I saw that she was acting scared and she was still shaking really bad.

I got up and waited by the door and when she finally walked out I grabbed her hand and dragged her to a nearby closet and walked into it with her.

I turned and saw she was looking at me with tears streaming down her face and I knew that I had to talk to her and now.

Jessie's pov

I couldn't stop shaking for my whole life. I knew that someone was looking at me but I didn't eve have the strength to lift my head to see who it was.

All hour I kept my head down and I continued to shake, not caring if anyone noticed and when the bell for first period rang, I was dreading every minute of it.

I began walking out of the room but I felt someone grab my hand and pull me into a closet. When the person shut the door and turned around I saw it was Ethan and pain ran through my body.

I backed up from him and said "What do you want Ethan? More sex?"

He sighed and pulled me into a hug and said "No Jessie I want to know why you're shaking so much."

I found myself relaxing into him as I said "I'm just so scared Ethan. That time that Brice about rapped me but you came and helped me made me think about last night when I was almost rapped again by someone else."

He squeezed me tightly and said "I will never let that happen to you. Do you understand?"

I nodded and said "Why do you care?"

He looked down at me and said "Because I knew you were upset because of how bad you were shaking. You need me Jessie and I was to stupid to see that. I'm sorry for saying the things I did and I want you back."

I looked up at him and said "Are you serious? You really want me back Ethan? I thought you were using me for sex."

He sighed and buried his face in the crook of my neck and murmured into my skin "I'd never use you Jessie. I loved you and I wouldn't use you if you were the only girl on this planet. I was just confused and when you said that I was the only man for you I freaked out because I didn't know what to say, let alone do."

I sighed and said "Ethan I love you but how can I trust you after what you did to me? I called you last night telling you that I needed you because my night sucked but you told me that I was on my own."

He lifted his face away from my neck and said "I wasn't thinking at the time. Look come with me and we can go to my house and talk. How does that sound?"

I hesitated but nodded and followed him out of the closet.

========================================================================================================

We arrived to his house and I was still hesitant about talking to him.

Sighing I followed him inside his house and we went upstairs to his room, not wanting to get disturbed by anyone.

I sat on his computer chair and he sat on the bed, watching me with sadness and regret in his eyes.

He took a deep breath and said "Jessie what happened last night that made you call me? Did you get hurt or what?"

I looked away and said "Yes I did Ethan, my own brother slapped him because apparently I told him what to do and this guy I met tried to force himself on me and rape me. Last night I called you because when he tried that, it brought me back to when Brice tried to rape me but you showed up and saved me from that. I wanted you to be there for me last night but you told me I was on my own so I couldn't bring myself to fall asleep because I was afraid that he'd find me and do what he wanted to do."

Tears fell from my eyes as I finished telling him the truth and I was shaking really bad again. Almost like I was cold but not really.

Ethan stood up and carefully picked me up and sat me on his lap and said "Jessie, I'm so sorry for the way I've been treating you lately. When you told me that I was the only man for you it scared me because I honestly didn't know what to think. That's why I was so harsh to you and told you to leave."

I was sill shaking and Ethan held me close murmuring soft words to me until my shaking subsided and I stopped crying.

When I calmed down enough I looked up at him and said "Thank you Ethan. I better go before my brother freaks out again and hurts me."

He released me and as I got up and went to the door I turned back and said "I love you Ethan."

He looked up at me and smiled at me and said "I love you too Jessie. Do you want me to take you home?"

I shook my head and said "No I'll get there myself. Thank you."

He stood up and walked over to me an cupped my face in his hands and said "You're welcome Jessie."

He leaned down and brushed his lips over mine before pulling back and saying "I love you."

I held him tight and said "Don't think I'm leaving just like that."

I crushed my lips to his and kissed him with as much passion as I could to show him how much he meant to me.

He groaned and picked me up and carried me to his bed and laid me down gently.

He pulled back, both of us breathing as hard as we have ever breathed before.

I looked into his eyes and said "Oh Ethan make love to me please?"

He nodded and without another word we took each others clothes off and Ethan made love to me.

Once he was done we fell asleep in each others arms, not worrying about tomorrow, just thankful that we're finally together again.