Seeing Spirits Chapter 13

Chapter 13

When I woke up the next morning I heard a strange sound.

I opened my eyes and found myself laying on my back on the bed and I felt a strange sensation running through my body.

I looked around and saw Ethan sitting at the end of the bed and he was shaking.

Sitting up I crawled toward him and when I gently touched his shoulder he jumped up and yelled "LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE SLUT."

I flinched back and said "Ethan are you ok?"

He turned to me and I felt a sting on my face.

I whimpered and my hand flew to my face as the burning sensation ran on my cheek.

Looking up I saw Ethan glaring down at me as he said "You're a no good slut Jessie. You used me for your own pleasure and now I know you want to break it off so let me make it easier for you and say we are over. Now get you shit and get the fuck out of my house."

Tears fell from my face as his words pierced my skin, threatening to steal my breath and smash my heart.

Not wanting to make him even madder I got up and slipped on my clothes before grabbing my bag and walking out the door, leaving Ethan glaring after me.

I walked away from his house and decided that it was pointless for me to live so I went to the lake that I was at not too long before and decided to end my life by drowning myself.

I dropped my bag and dived into the lake, not even bothering to hold my breath.

Water entered into me and I kept coughing but more entered and I stopped struggling and let myself slowly sink to the bottom of the lake giving the small smile as I thought 'I'm finally able to leave the pain that I've carried along for so long.'

I slowly lost consciousness feeling free from my pain.

But before I completely blacked out, I felt myself being lifted to the surface of the lake.

Not having the strength to talk I blacked out from the burning sensation that was held in my throat from the water.

Beep

Beep

Beep

'What's that beeping noise?'

Beep

Beep

Beep

'Am I in heaven?'

Beep

Beep

Beep

'Where Am I?'

Beep

Beep

Beep

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was in a white room.

I groaned and tried to turn but felt something stopping my arm from moving.

I looked down and saw that there was an iv in my arm.

Sighing in frustration I realized that I didn't die, I was in a hospital.

Looking around I saw that there was someone asleep in the chair but I couldn't recognize them.

I cleared my throat loud enough for the person to hear me and just like I suspected, the person woke up and I saw his face for the first time.

He had short black hair and his eyes were a gorgeous green color.

The boy looked around and when his eyes rested on me I could have swore he looked relieved to see that I was ok.

He stood up and walked over to me and said "Oh good your awake."

I looked at him funny and said "Yea I am now who are you and what the hell am I doing here?"

He chuckled and said "I'm Luke and you are here because I saw you in the lake and I saved you."

I snorted and said "Well thanks for not letting me ease my pain."

Luke sighed and said "Were you trying to kill yourself?"

I looked away and said "Yea but I didn't succeed."

Luke sighed and said "Well I'll see you around..."

I smiled up at him and said "My name's Jessie."

He smiled and said "I'll see you around Jessie."

He began to walk away and before he left I sighed and said "Hey thanks for saving me."

He turned back and said "It's my pleasure."

I waved as he left and then relaxed into the bed to relax.

I was almost asleep but I heard my door thrown open and my uncaring brother and Ethan stormed through until they were in my face.

My brother smacked me and said "How could you be so stupid Jessie? Trying to kill yourself by drowning are you crazy?"

I closed my eyes as I felt tears running down my face and I said "You wouldn't understand. I did it because I was hurt and I'm tired of being in pain all the time."

Ethan grabbed my shoulders and said "You're nothing but a slutty bitch who only cares about attention. I wish you were dead because all you ever care about is sex you dirty slutty bitch."

More tears fell as I closed my eyes not wanting to look at them.

I felt Ethan's hold on me release and then I heard them talking as they walked out of the door.

Tears continued to fall as I heard them leave and when I was about to fall asleep I felt arms encircling me.

I sighed and said "Just please leave me alone Ethan I get it ok?"

I heard someone sigh as they said "It's Luke."

I scooted more into him as I whispered "I"m sorry."

He gently kissed my head as he said "It's ok just rest and I'll be here when you wake up."

I nodded and closed my eyes just as he was saying "Sweet dreams Jessie."

A small smiled played on my lips as I opened my arms to the darkness, letting it consume me.